Some news re: me and jazz radio

Guest Chaney

Congratulations! Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Now how do we, ahem, eliminate that pesky jazz director so you can move still further up the station jazz/food chain?

:w

Congratulations!

What's a Traffic Coordinator?

At several stations that I worked at I was the Traffic Director and in a nutshell I was responsible for scheduling the commercials on the stations programs logs,working closely with the production director to make sure that our information was the same and delivering the finished program logs to the on air personnel. I was also responsible for getting out the station billing every month(yuk!!!)

All this however was for commercial stations and no doubt this has at least a somewhat different meaning for the Ghost.

Congratulations!

What's a Traffic Coordinator?

At several stations that I worked at I was the Traffic Director and in a nutshell I was responsible for scheduling the commercials on the stations programs logs,working closely with the production director to make sure that our information was the same and delivering the finished program logs to the on air personnel.

That's pretty close to what I'll be doing in that regard, Chris... basically a split between that and the fun stuff (jazz programming duties). I'll also be doing occasional news and profile pieces as well, and at least one on-air board shift a week.

It's really a dream come true, and thanks so much to everyone for their messages here. This board has been wonderfully supportive of my radio efforts, in many different ways... and it's a board that seems to come up in my conversations a couple of times a day. Just this a.m., my wife was telling our friend at breakfast about the "Belief-o-Matic," which I had sent to her after seeing it posted here... and hell, that's not even jazz-related!

Congratulations!  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

Now how do we, ahem, eliminate that pesky jazz director so you can move still further up the station jazz/food chain?

:w

:rfr:cool: He's actually quite a swell guy who's been very supportive as well--been at the station for 20 years and is well-loved by our audience. One year for Christmas he gave me a copy of TO BE OR NOT TO BOP that was autographed by Diz himself... helluva nice guy, and one from whom I still have a lot to learn.

Hey, I think there's a "Perfectly Frank" Night Lights waiting to happen.. probably in late-September. ;)