Marcoliv in Europe

ok, i need some fresh air in my mind so i decided to visit a friend of mine in Spain.

i'll be in Madrid from September,22nd till October,3rd & then i'll be in Paris till October,9th

of course i want to meet any local member and have some leads on good cd stores :)

i know Agustin is from Madrid

i know Tom Storer and President Brownie are in Paris

to whom ever may concern, please pm me with your address and phone number so i'll be able to contact you when i'm in place

i'm very excited to be back in France 22 years later :excited:

Marcus Oliveira

• 1 month later...

okay guys

i'm leaving on vacations from Rio de Janeiro to Madrid this wednesday (21/09) and on October,3rd i'll be in Paris

:)

Marcus

I'm trying to imagine why anyone would need to leave Rio in order to go on vacation! ;)

Have a great time! :g

One must get tired of looking at all the beautiful women.

Naaahh, it must be something else. :P

Have fun! :tup

• 2 weeks later...

When the French Unions got news that an expatriate was paying a visit to the country, they decided to go on strike.

Marcoliv just be warned!

Gridlock alert: Transport strike set for October 4 

PARIS, Sept 26 (AFP) - French railway unions on Monday joined the call for a nationwide day of protests against the centre-right government's economic policies to take place on October 4.

Six unions at the state-owned SNCF train operator announced a strike from 8pm on Monday October 3 to 8am on Wednesday October 5.

Disruption was also predicted on the Paris commuter network after two unions at the state-owned metro and bus company RATP announced a strike.

France's five largest union federations have called for a day of strikes and demonstrations across the state and private sectors to demand pay increases and investment in public services.

They are also demanding the withdrawal of a new labour contract -- introduced by decree by prime minister Dominique de Villepin -- which makes it easier for businesses to fire workers during the first two years of employment.

Welcome back to France :g

• 3 weeks later...

here i am back in Rio de Janeiro

i had a tremendous vacations during my stay in Madrid & Paris

i met Guy, Tom Storer & Agustin and i need to thank them once again for sharing their time with me.

based on holy inputs from Brownie, i brought back over than a hundred cds of jazz with me :)

i hope one day you guys come to Rio so i'll be able to welcome you as you deserve

and as far as i can say you have a true friend here in Rio

Marcus Oliveira