NBA Offseason Moves

Guest Mnytime

Guest Mnytime

ESPN just announced that Gary Payton has decided on joining the Lakers! Though nothing can be signed until July 16th I believe. Payton will be getting $4.9 million next year. That's a pay cut of close to $8 million for him.

Should be interesting to see if Malone really is willing to accept the Vetern's Max, which is under $2 million. That would be close to $17 million less than last year. :eye:

Guest Mnytime

ESPN is reporting that Karl Malone is going to sign with the Lakers.

Honestly I have never been a fan of Malone. If they can find a way to get all the Ego's in check and Malone can really handle being the 4th option this can be dangerous.

Considering Malone had a lot to do with Magic retiring it should be interesting to see if Malone can continue to wear 32 as a Laker.

Edited by Mnytime

If the Lakers get all four of those guys they will be awful tough to beat. We are talking about some rather large egos though and if there are personality conflicts that could create some problems.

Personally i'm a Phoenix Suns fan and while I don't think this will be their year I don't think they're that far away.The Suns are young,talented and on the rise.

I've been a Laker fan since I was a little kid and they were the Minneapolis Lakers. If they pick up Karl Malone, I may have to find a new team (or more likely, just ignore the NBA until Malone retires). I never liked him, but I haven't been able to stomach him since his role in Magic's retirement. I never bought into his statements that he was afraid that he might become infected with AIDS if he played against Magic. I'm sure that he knew that he'd have a better chance of picking up a ring if Magic wasn't playing. (Same deal with Suns' owner Jerry Colangelo's statements at that time - he didn't want Magic playing, either.) Malone didn't win a ring anyway, and I hope he never does. The Lakers can win without him.

malone is gonna wear # 32 with magic's blessing......

kobe says "don't worry, about it"

i ain't worried about it.

what's his baby's mama thinking?

i feel bad for d fish. he has lead us well and no probs off the court.

his minutes will be reduced..

could you imagine bringing the ball up the court vs the glove and if you get by him, you maybe get a little kobe defensive action waiting for ya

we'll take b scott after phil's done run his course in la land

why couldn't kidd get $100 mill?

only $99 mill, he's a bum...

ss1

malone is gonna wear # 32 with magic's blessing......

we'll take b scott after phil's done run his course in la land

I guess that Magic is more forgiving than I. He always did seem to have a big heart and a generous spirit.

My feelings must be starting to change already. I'm starting to wonder if Phil can get them to play together.

I understand that Byron isn't signed to an extension, so perhaps we will see him back with the Lakes.

congrats chris!

you can buy me a beer, when we finally meet up! :wacko:

the nba hits keep coming

c-webb has been lying to us?

no shizzznet, when he'd talk about getting paid at michigan, the sweat would pour down his big ass dome. his whole family was in on the $$$$$$$$$$$$$. i am a big michigan fan, but c-webb will never win a big game. EVER.

jerry stackhouse

grabbing some ladies' arm.

armstong in orlando

grabbed a female security guard i believe

memo to david stern

you should have a summer camp for this guys.

or maybe get them in summer school classes.

alittle education never hurt nobody.

• 2 weeks later...

now the champs have signed old ass ho grant.

i guess for his triangle knowledge and some d for duncan come playoff time.

adios mad-dawg, he's signed with the tenderwolves.

thanks for da hustle and energy.

nobody can dance like mad-dawg, N O B O D Y !

big shot rob has signed with the spurs**

SS1

the nba schedule was announced earlier today.

Edited by Soulstation1