Sinatra Session Material

Guest Chaney

For those who might be interested in hearing a heapin' helpin' of behind-the-scenes Sinatra, I've uploaded onto the Internet Ring-a-Ding Ding session material.

This is two full CDs and a bit of a third, encoded at 320 kbs, all RARed into a neat little package. (I've never done this before so I hardly know what the hell I'm talking about.) Anyway, it's been tested and it works fine.

What's cool about this particular offering is that all other session sets I've heard basically give you one or two flubbs of a tune and then what amounts to an alternate take. This set is much more extensive/exhaustive.

It's a big file -- 352 MB -- and unless you have a Filecloud account ($4.95 per month for 500 MGs of storage space), you'll be made to wait.

I'll leave this up until next Saturday, November 5.

RADD <------ LINK REMOVED. See below. --Tony

Enjoy!

(Jim A.: Let me know if my doing this is not cool and I'll delete this thread. Or feel free to set the MasterBlaster on me. :bwallace: )

Edited by Chaney

Do any of you Sinatra fans know of a rehearsal recording of Frank singing "East of the Sun". It is definitely not related to the Dorsey version. After they had gotten the rehearsal down to where they wanted it, Frank insisted on one more chorus and he was really wailing on it. I've never been able to locate it, but it was Frank at his finest. Anyone any ideas??????

frank m: Frank recorded East of the Sun for his third Reprise album, I Remember Tommy. I have a two disk set of session material on this one.

I've uploaded the session for East of the Sun if you'd like to have a listen: HERE

Unfortunately, at eight minutes, it's incomplete. You'll get an idea though of how Frank was at least attempting to push the vocal. If only his voice hadn't given out.

Smile-inducing stuff.

ON THE EDIT: Just noticed that I had this one marked restricted. It's now open to all.

Edited by Chaney

I made the apparent mistake of sharing the link to this Sinatra material with a Yahoo Sinatra Group.

It was fun while it lasted.

CEASE & DESIST

November 3, 2005

VIA EMAIL

Chaney

chaney2000us@yahoo.com

Re:     Unauthorized Distribution of Frank Sinatra "Ring-a-Ding Ding" Album

Gentlepersons:

It has come to our attention that you are selling and/or otherwise distributing and/or otherwise exploiting records of Frank Sinatra ("Albums") which are controlled (owned) by us and with respect to which we have the exclusive right to distribute, sell and otherwise exploit.

Be advised that we have not authorized the sale and/or distribution of the Albums by you and, consequently, your unauthorized sale and/or distribution of the Album constitutes, among other things, an infringement of our trademark, our copyrights in the masters embodied in the Albums and our exclusive right to distribute and otherwise exploit the masters and the Albums.

Accordingly, we hereby demand, without prejudice to any of our rights, that you immediately cease and desist from selling and/or otherwise distributing and/or exploiting the masters and records of the Albums and that, within ten (10) business days from the date hereof, you deliver to our General Counsel the following:

(a)     a full and complete written statement of the number of records of the Albums distributed, sold and/or otherwise exploited by you or on your behalf, including the identities, addresses and telephone numbers of all individuals and entities to whom records of the Albums were sold and/or distributed;

(b)     a full and complete written accounting for all revenues received, and/or payable in connection with your exploitation of the masters and records of the Albums;

©     for destruction, all inventory of records of the Albums and masters, in all configurations, in your possession; and

(d)     written confirmation that you will fully, completely and promptly agree to comply with the demands set forth in this letter.

In the event that you do not timely comply with this letter as set forth above, we will vigorously pursue all available means to protect our rights, including, but not limited to, instituting appropriate legal action.

This letter is written without prejudice to or waiver of any of our claims, rights and remedies, all of which are hereby expressly reserved.

Very truly yours,

Rhino Entertainment Company

By:     Rachael Bickerton

Its:    Vice President, General Counsel

Sooo... I'd appreciate it if you would all send me your names, addresses and phone numbers so I can surrender that information to the goons of Rhino.

:rolleyes:

1_a_firing%20squad.jpg

Edited by Chaney

Any info on who the bassist was on these sessions? Joe Comfort still, or was Mandel using other people?

Whoever it was has got his foot stuck all the way up everybody's asses. GOOD GOD does this mutthafookah swing!

Me and a buddy was listening to this stuff yesterday on a road trip to Houston, and we both agreed that we liked the sessions better than the album. The album mix hides the band too much, what with all the reverb and shit, and the band is just SPLENDID. If "Conrad" is indeed Conrad Gozzo, well, all I can do is agree with my buddy - as far as "personality" goes, there's other lead players I prefer. But as far as absolute consistency and perfection, to listen to this muffaphoka nail this shit exactly the same way every g.damn take is to reach the conclusion that Conrad Gozzo was no mere mortal, and may in fact have been sent here from another planet. My buddy told me that he had heard that Gozzo went 10, yes, T-E-N years w/o missing a single note on a studio session. Not one. Pools were allegedly formed as to what date it would be when he finally missed one. The guy was a freak!

Of course, after listening to this material just once, for educational purposes, we did our civic duty and destroyed the music. We also took medicine that will erase all memories of same from our brains within 72 hours. So no need for the Rhinottornies to get all hissified or anything.