Derek Bailey hommage

king ubu

Bailey1.jpg

Derek Bailey (Sheffield, England, Jan. 29, 1930 - London, England, Dec. 25, 2005)

Here's last night's radio show, dedicated to the late great Derek Bailey:

http://195.210.0.134:554/ramgen/lora/archi...o%20LoRa%2097,5

(I hope the link works, I cannot check it, being at work.)

You'll hear Bailey in solo, in duos with Evan Parker and Joëlle Léandre, in trio with Frode Gjerstad & John Stevens and with Paul Rutherford & Barry Guy, plus an excerpt of a Company live show with John Zorn, Keshavan Maslak, Peter Brötzmann, Fred Frith, Léandre, Bill Laswell & Cyro Baptista (bad sound quality, alas).

In between you'll hear your humble king giving some biographical details and all, as usual in our own strange idiom... my friend was stuck somewhere else, so I had to do the show on my own, and this being a live show and me never having handled the technical stuff before I was pretty nervous, but it seems the show turned out quite ok, in the end.

I'd appreciate any kind of feedback - we may follow up with a second show next month.

And thanks to brownie, P.L.M., gnhrtg (in no particular order, btw!) for helping me pull together a wealth of material!

(edited to fix link)

Edited by king ubu

The link works fine.

Very interesting music. Too bad the royal speaker uses this strange Swiss dialect language :g

Thanks mister... I tried my improved english accent, too, with two short quotes of Mr. Bailey's... but I assume it sounded so weird you thought I changed to Français à la suisse? :g