TWARDZIK AND BAKER CONCERTS

jazzhound

anyone know what is available besides the Kohn concert presently? I understand there is a cd with a few selections from the concert in Stuttgard somewhere.

köln and stuttgart :)

four tracks of the stuttgart concert are on a lars gullin cd by dragon records.

http://www.dragonrecords.se/cdframe.htm

you find it under lars gullin, vol. 1

years ago there was a cd on philology with two concerts from mainz and copenhagen.

you have to ask here: http://www.philologyjazz.it/

i don´t know if they are still available.

btw, still waiting for "bouncin´ with bartok", the twardzik book by jack chambers :angry:

keep boppin´

marcel

• 2 months later...

just get the information from www.jazzmessengers.com (not online but via normal mail) that there is a new release on the rlr records label: chet baker quartet featuring dick twardzik "the lost holland concert", september 18, 1955. plus the germany concert in mainz from september 21, 1955 plus two tracks from zürich, switzerland, september 24, 1955. all previously unissued on any format.

beside the germany tracks are on a philology cd from years ago.

any new richard twardzik is welcome!!!

btw: when comes the twardzik biography by jack chambers??????

keep boppin´

marcel

just get the information from www.jazzmessengers.com (not online but via normal mail) that there is a new release on the rlr records label: chet baker quartet featuring dick twardzik "the lost holland concert", september 18, 1955. plus the germany concert in mainz from september 21, 1955 plus two tracks from zürich, switzerland, september 24, 1955. all previously unissued on any format.

beside the germany tracks are on a philology cd from years ago.

any new richard twardzik is welcome!!!

btw: when comes the twardzik biography by jack chambers??????

keep boppin´

marcel

I've had the Twardzik book on order for about a year; the most recent release date I've been given is June, 2006. I'll believe that when it's in my hands.

• 1 month later...

I've had the Twardzik book on order for about a year; the most recent release date I've been given is June, 2006. I'll believe that when it's in my hands.

jpf, thanks for updating. hard to wait so long

!

keep boppin´

marcel

New release date -- August, 2006. We'll see.

Where did you get this information ? Last week I called the publisher to inquire about the book's availability and found that the phone number was ' not in service ' . I then called the publisher's distributor and was given a different phone number , but that number was also ' not in service ' . I guess I should try and contact Jack Chambers directly , but the only email address I have for him is at the University of Toronto from which he recently retired I believe .

Anyway , while we wait for the book to come out , I thought some of you might be interested in this piece which appeared on page 25 of the January 1956 issue of Metronome .

RichardTwardzikEulogyMetronomeJanua.jpg

Edit to add : If anyone would like a larger-text image of this page please let me know .

Additional edit : Fixed dead image link .

Edited by Chas

• 2 months later...

Where did you get this information ? Last week I called the publisher to inquire about the book's availability and found that the phone number was ' not in service ' . I then called the publisher's distributor and was given a different phone number , but that number was also ' not in service ' . I guess I should try and contact Jack Chambers directly , but the only email address I have for him is at the University of Toronto from which he recently retired I believe .

You can still get him at his UofT e-mail address. I was in touch with him last week. Actually I owe a reply to his reply so I'll ask him about the book.

I was getting my information from the Overstock.com website, from which I had ordered it. Their new release date is September, 2006. Right. I canceled my order; I'll wait until it's actually published.

I think it'll come out about the same time Peter Keepnews' Monk biography comes out. :lol: