Joe Chambers

bertrand

This is coming out on 2/21 on Savant. Didn't even know about it until yesterday.

There are some tunes from other records, some new stuff. I don't know how many are new Chambers compositions. A vocalist is listed at CD Universe.

What do we know about this CD? How many tracks have vocals?

Thanks,

Bertrand.

I am of course going to buy this - I love Joe. I'm just curious to know if there are any new originals. I do hope there are not vocals on every track, but even that would not keep me from getting it.

I'm glad Dwayne Burno finally got to record with Joe - he told me a few years ago how much he loves playing with him.

He's at the Iridium 4/6-7; I plan to be there.

Bertrand.

I am of course going to buy this - I love Joe. I'm just curious to know if there are any new originals. I do hope there are not vocals on every track, but even that would not keep me from getting it.

I'm glad Dwayne Burno finally got to record with Joe - he told me a few years ago how much he loves playing with him.

He's at the Iridium 4/6-7; I plan to be there.

Bertrand.

Burno's a bad cat--definitely fits the whole Blue Notish post-bop vibe. I'm looking forward to this one.