vangelis early jazzy stuff?

Guest donald petersen

Guest akanalog

my friend showed me a vangelis LP with some cool cover art and i saw that tony oxley and brian odgers, among others, were on it.

doing some research i found out that vangelis had cut a few fusion-ey jam session-ey things in london with a cast of interesting players. this was post aphrodites child vangelis and pre new age vangelis.

i guess vangelis didn't want these albums released, but they are out there and i see you can find a double disc CD if you look hard enough.

i didn't get to hear my friends LP and it is tough to get a read on if the music is good by looking online because people who like vangelis like new agey synth vangelis, not vangelis with tony oxley in 1970 or whatever so do not like it. and people who like tony oxley aren't likely to check out a vangelis album. and the music might be too jazzy for prog people who would be drawn to vangelis? it's a mess internet information-wise. i imagine the music is a mess also. or just a curiousity. anyone know for sure?