PICKLES!

I can't believe there is not a thread about pickles on here, so here it is!

I just bought some of these at the supermarket:

http://www.kraftfoods.com/main.aspx?s=prod...duct=4470009192

I'm sure someone will chime in and say, "Claussen? Ewwww... you need to try this esoteric brand that you can only get in New Zealand," or something, but hey... these things are damn good.

I love dill pickles, pretty much any kind. Even the el cheapo nasty ones that they used to serve at elementary school. I used to hate sweet pickles when I was a kid, but now I love them!

PICKLES!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the name of the pickle place on the Lower East Side? Buy them in a barrel on the sidewalk...

Them's some tasty pickles.

Come on Peter, I see you viewing this thread and I know you've got some smart assed comment....let's have it!

EDIT <That's it? You prefer Vlasic? Disappointing.>

Edited by TroyK

We've switched over from the big Claussen dills to the smaller ones too recently.

Claussen for dill, Vlasic for sweet is the rule here.

I sometimes think about trying some small label micro(?) batch, but just never get around to it.

I've had a bad episode (just leave it at that :bad:) with someone's homemade pickles to the point of where I'd be a bit fearful to get back on the homemade pickle horse again.

What the name of the pickle place on the Lower East Side? Buy them in a barrel on the sidewalk...

Them's some tasty pickles.

Come on Peter, I see you viewing this thread and I know you've got some smart assed comment....let's have it!

EDIT <That's it? You prefer Vlasic? Disappointing.>

The Pickle Guys

Guss'

That's the place! Good stuff. Not for the hygenically sensitive, but tasty pickles.

There's a brew pub here that has a fried pickle on the menu. It tastes exactly like a fried pickle. The frying doesn't seem to do anything to change the properties of the pickle. It just...well, fries it. Won't do that again.

Thought this thread was about Buddy Sorrell's wife.

These folks do a nice job as well:

pickleshot.jpg

Remember the funky BS&T tune by Lou Marini called "Hip Pickles"?

Pickles are great to snack on 'cause they're low cal! :tup

Hell yeah. Get me a Gedney...it's the Minnesota pickle!

I like 'em fried at the state fair. Hell yeah x 2.

I should stop in at the Pickle Guys and stock up.

There used to be a Hot Pepper shop on Sullvan St. years ago and I got on a kick of buying a lot of different hot sauces. There was one with garlic that was perfect for use on garlic pickles.

And a beer. :excited: