PICKLES!

Two buck Chuck's some good wine!

The best pickles I've had come with the best pastrami on rye I've ever had--from Erick Schatz' Bakery in Bishop, CA! They make most everything sold in the store, so I'd assume the pickles are their own special recipe.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Trader Joe's the new Wal-Mart?

Trader Joe's is a grocery store, isn't it? I know they're in Boston. Kind of like a Whole Foods?

Looks like that's been covered already. Sorry 'bout that. Two Buck Chuck! Ha. I forgot about that. I can't believe there are still bottles out there. Must have been a pretty big batch!

Edited by .:.impossible

Is Trader Joe's the new Wal-Mart?

Trader Joe's is a grocery store, isn't it? I know they're in Boston. Kind of like a Whole Foods?

Looks like that's been covered already. Sorry 'bout that. Two Buck Chuck! Ha. I forgot about that. I can't believe there are still bottles out there. Must have been a pretty big batch!

Trader Joe's started on the west coast, but is slowly expanding throughout the U.S. They do have a lot of stores in the Boston area.

Charles Shaw, AKA "Two Buck Chuck," is made by the Bronco Corporation, the company owned by Fred Franzia of boxed wine fame. I've heard rumors that the executive from Trader Joe's who cut the deal with Franzia to feature Charles Shaw exclusively at TJs was later fired. The reason being this: He effectively traded the customers down from the $4.99 and up wines, hurting sales on the more profitable stuff. You see, it costs the same in labor and transportation to get a case of Charles Shaw on the floor as it does another wine which might make the company many more dollars a bottle. Oops!

I had trouble getting used to the idea of putting pickles on a falafel or other Middle Eastern-type sandwich. It doesn't seem right to me, for some reason, yet I was told that's the most authentic way to do it. The Falafel Palace in Cambridge's Central Square was the first time I had the combination, sometime last year.

Felafel Palace is a great little place. It's in an old White Castle building; but it sure tastes better than sliders! (Not to mention being much healthier.)

Apparently the pickles are authentic. A very traditional Lebanese place that opened up recently near where I work serves them that way. I guess they provide a nice flavor/texture contrast, though it took me a little while to get used to this myself. Especially the purple ones!

I'm working right now at a treatment facility for adults with mental illnesses. I was making a sandwich and set a pickle down on the plate about 5 minutes ago. It was a large Vlasic, and one of the residents said "Man, that's bigger than my dong!!!" There was a lady present, so :tdown , but it was kinda funny. <_<

It's in an old White Castle building; but it sure tastes better than sliders! (Not to mention being much healthier.)

HEY NOW! :angry: Don't start with White Castle. Them's some mighty tasty burgers.

Wow, what color is the sky in your world, Jim? :rsmile:

Green... the color of money!

Well, the sky around here is definitely grey (just broke a 100+ year-old record for # of days with rain in March <_< ), but my board skin is still pickle green. :rlol

• 3 weeks later...