anyone see the dirty steely yet

u know don and walt from the steely would fit right at home here on the orgasmissimo chat board- they are just as nuts as all of you are about blue note and the warne and stuff like that. has anyone seen them this year yet. ive heard the new setlist has NO stuff from their last cd, 2003's everything must go, a favorite of mine. i am particular looking forward to seeing the steely/michael mcdonald reunion but ive heard he doesnt sing lead w/ them like he did in the 70s and its only for the end of the set, not the whole show. the 1 thing chewy-chew-chew is not looking fwd to is mingling w/ the steely fans beacuse the fans have all became the songs, if you know what i mean. ill never forget this one steely dan yuppie at the pre show party w/ his foot long margarita trying 2 hit on my young lady-friend whilst yapping about how we all need to start "401-K" plans.

ill never forget this one steely dan yuppie at the pre show party w/ his foot long margarita trying 2 hit on my young lady-friend whilst yapping about how we all need to start "401-K" plans.

:D I think I've met that guy a few times. I never have the heart to tell him that I have a 401k. Was he wearing an old REM tour t-shirt? Sometimes I feel like Jim Halpern setting up certain situations for my enjoyment alone, only their is no documentary crew to share the moment with.

Sorry chewy-chew-chew...no "Glamour Profession" last nite at Red Rocks. They did do "Hey Nineteen" and "Time Out of Mind", however.

A wonderful night on the Rocks...and the smell of the "sticky-icky" was so thick and prevalent last nite that Fagen even commented, "lotta weed."

All those old folks have the really good shit.

Great show by the dirty Steely; they are locked in "groovetime." Nothing from the last two albums though... :( Excellent guitar playing by Becker and Jon Herrington. Becker played a lot of 'em, perhaps more than half of the solos. :tup

Michael McDonald joined 'em for the last few songs. However, I don't think they chose the best songs to feature/include him. Yeah, they did "Peg", but you couldn't even really hear him in the mix. A great opportunity, that I thought could've been better.

I can't say anything nearly as complimentary about McDonald's opening set, though. His band is freakin' smoooooth...in a bad way. I thought his sax/flute player was absolutely devoid of any soul or emotion. He could do those Kenny G type contraptions, with lots of body language that makes this kind of crowd go wild. Barf... I only really dug the Doobie songs they did. Those were okay, but man...disappointed. :(

Great, cool weather with a lingering threat of rain that never happended. :tup Nice lightning show out over this city/plains though. :cool:

The Dan: A-

Mike McD: C

God, I love that venue! :excited:

Edited by Parkertown

if you think 40 yr old virgin is the 1st thing to make fun of mike mcdonald youre wrong: LAST NIGHT I SAW THIS "SCTV" AND THEY DID A MICHAEL MCDONALD SKIT AS PART OF RICK MORAINIS'S "GERRY TODD SHOW"- IT WAS HILLARIOUS

I HAD FUN ON FRI TOO BUT I DIDNT LIKE THE STEELY GREATEST HITS LIST. I WOULD OF NOT DROPPED PEG, JOSIE, AND HEY 19; BUT I STILL HAD A LOT OF FUN. SOME NICE FAT LADY JUST CAME OUT OF NOWHERE AND OFFERED ME A 2ND ROW SEAT CAUSE SHE SAW I WAS DANCING AND HAVING FUN (AND EVERYONE ELSE WAS SITTING DOWN) SO I THANKED HER AND WENT DOWN TO THE FRONT AND DANCED THE WHOLE SHOW, THIS TIME WITH A FEW OTHERS! IT WAS PRETTY FUN, BUT YEA DUDE THEY TOTALLY DID THE GLAMOUR IN DIEGO BEACUSE THERE I SAW ON THE NET THEY HAD A STEELY ONLY SHOW, NO MCDONALD: 2 WHOLE SETS OF STEELY. W.B. SANG TOO AT IT. I WISH HE WOULD OF SUNG SOME FOR US-- I LIKE HIS SINGING A WHOLE BUNCH

I going to try to see them August 26 in Atlantic City at the Trump Taj Mahal....I don't have tickets yet because I wasn't sure my wife and I would be in the area- I grew up near AC and our plans weren't set. Now I know I'll be up there so we'll try to score tickets at the venue. There's seats left on Ticketmaster but they're not the greatest.

I've missed their last few tours and I want to catch this one!