LF: Disc 1 of Elvin Jones Mosaic

Hi All,

Quick story... I placed an order for the Elvin Jones Mosaic set on Friday afternoon via their website, and then called them on Monday around noon to be sure they got my order (after reading how others were buying the remaining sets that morning). They assured me they did. Life is good, I'm thinking!!!

So, this morning (Tuesday) I received an e-mail from Mosaic saying that there was a mix-up in their inventory, and they "ran out" of the Elvin Jones. Mine was sent to someone else, I guess.

The folks at Mosaic were good enough to offer a partial set, though - box, booklet, and all the CD's except for CD #1. I told them I'd take it...

So, I'm hoping that some kind soul here at the Organissimo BB might have CD #1 of the Elvin Jones Mosaic set that they would like to sell. It's a long shot, I know... but this board is a pretty amazing place, so I'll give it a shot!

Any CD #1's out there?

Cheers,

Shane

I'm pretty sure I have an extra twin-pack of Discs 1 & 2. I'll see if i can dig it up tonight. Drop me an email later in case i forget.

Ray,

If you could do this, I'd be eternally grateful! Just let me know what I owe you...

And, no need to look for it tonight... search at your leisure! I procrastinated this long on the Elvin box, so I'm certainly not going to ask you to go out of your way just for me.

I'll shoot you an e-mail later.

I love this board! :tup:tup:tup

Cheers,

Shane

Sorry, I don't have an extra copy.

I find it curious that I was able to order this set on Monday, and it arrived yesterday, complete. How is it that people who apparently order earlier are getting getting partial sets?

And why would there be a shortage of Disc 1's like this? Was there a bad pressing or something?

edit - and since the discs are sealed (and in two-disc jewel boxes), wouldn't people be missing both disc 1 AND disc 2?

Edited by Aggie87

Found my extra copy of D1/2. Sounds like now's the time to Ebay it. :g

Just kidding, Shane, it's on hold for you... :lol:

Damn Ray,

Way to give a guy a heart attack!!! :g

Seriously, thanks sooooo much for helping me out with this! I'll PM you with my information, and we can talk about how much $$$ I owe you. And, the drinks are on me if we happen to get to the same show here in LA!

Cheers,

Shane

HELP! I had the same experience. Apparently happened to about a dozen of us.

I too am in the market for a disc 1 with insert. Anyone able to help me?

Perry

Perry,

I'm sorry to hear about this! A dozen of us had this happen? I've never heard Mosaic be so "off" before... their customer service is always outstanding! I hope good things happen for you (and the rest)!

Aggie,

I think I know what happened to my order... On Friday, I ordered both the Elvin and the new Andrew Hill Select. Mosaic waits to ship all titles, and since the Hill isn't ready to ship yet, my guess is that the Elvin I ordered didn't get placed in the "hold" category like it should've.

It's (partly) my fault for waiting so long, and for violating my own rule... "Always CALL Mosaic, never use the website to order". Usually when I call them, I get the set within a few days (all the way out here in LA). Whenever I use the website to order, it takes much longer.

This has happened to me once before... I ordered the Phil Woods Mosaic right at the deadline via the web, everything looked good, and then a few days later Cindy from Mosaic called me and said they had "run out" of the Woods set. I'd like to thank Kevin Bresnehan for helping me out, though, as he traded his to me about a month later!!! :tup

Honestly, this board is fantastic! Guys like Ray (and Kevin) keep bailing me out... thanks for reinforcing my procrastinatin' ways, gents! :lol:

(Where's SS1 with that Lee Morgan cover?)

Cheers,

Shane

Aggie,

I think I know what happened to my order... On Friday, I ordered both the Elvin and the new Andrew Hill Select. Mosaic waits to ship all titles, and since the Hill isn't ready to ship yet, my guess is that the Elvin I ordered didn't get placed in the "hold" category like it should've.

It's (partly) my fault for waiting so long, and for violating my own rule... "Always CALL Mosaic, never use the website to order". Usually when I call them, I get the set within a few days (all the way out here in LA). Whenever I use the website to order, it takes much longer.

This has happened to me once before... I ordered the Phil Woods Mosaic right at the deadline via the web, everything looked good, and then a few days later Cindy from Mosaic called me and said they had "run out" of the Woods set. I'd like to thank Kevin Bresnehan for helping me out, though, as he traded his to me about a month later!!! :tup

Honestly, this board is fantastic! Guys like Ray (and Kevin) keep bailing me out... thanks for reinforcing my procrastinatin' ways, gents! :lol:

(Where's SS1 with that Lee Morgan cover?)

Cheers,

Shane

Shane -

Yeah, I can understand them holding up the order for the Hill (and then forgetting to actually set aside your copy). Glad you're getting hooked up with what you are missing. And if I ended up with your set somehow, sorry! :P

What still doesn't make sense to me is why so many are missing copies of Disc 1 - and not both Disc 1 & 2. Either way that part is strange.

• 4 weeks later...