Pinky Winters - Happy Madness - new reissue

Pete B

This may be of interest to some of you. I've looked for a copy of this for a long time without success. I noticed on www.amazon.fr yesterday that it has been reissued for a limited time, release date of Oct 30 - see Happy Madness at Amazon

the story on this one, from www.pinkywinters.com:

Released in France only, this was also slated for US issue when it was caught up in the change of regimes at Verve after the label was absorbed by the conglomerate, Universal Music. This CD achieved the distinction of being The World Class recording in print the shortest amount of time. An instant collector's item.

I don't know the story behind the reissue, but it's a nice opportunity to snag what was a tough title.

Now is your chance of getting this wonderful vocal album! One of my favorites! I included one track from it when I compiled my Blindfold Test (nr. 34).

Looks like it's still considered French property and remains unissued enywhere else, except Japan!

Managed to get a promo of this album. The disc came in one of those round metal boxes that were used to store film reels! Cool :)

I'm really looking forward to receiving my copy of this, all the more after the comments above.

I see that Ms Winters has a new cd schedule for December release in Japan, also with Lou Levy, entitled "Speak Low".

Now if only I could find a copy of "Pinky" on the Norma label!