look at this - how to buy a essential jazz collection

jbs-tom

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah thanks. I admit that I was dumb to have bidded. No way around that :wacko:

No shame about it. The strange things about this collection were:

1) Nobody in Rome knows about it, and I can assure you that Rome, even with more then 3 millions people, is a small community of records collectors.

2) I use to work for RAI, italian national broadcasting, as free lance and I am a well known record collector, the previous owner of the collection was a employed of RAI, and I didn't know about him.

3) No answer of my mail.

All this was pretty strange.

Edited by porcy62

K1969 thank you for sharing it with us. I'll second Porcy on everything about this story. He knows very well all record sellers in Italy, except the guy. And I was, with others (though not in Italy) dubious from the very beginning (read our numerous previous posts about it), just because of the listing in himself, and the "strange" contact with the guy. We were right, and its no surprise. I'm sorry for you, with all the hassle regarding ebay, paypal. It will probably take time. Let's hope that our good friends heavy Japanese bidders, who usually NEVER leave negative, in this occasion, will change their habits and give the scammer the treatment he deserves.

K1969 thank you for sharing it with us. I'll second Porcy on everything about this story. He knows very well all record sellers in Italy, except the guy. And I was, with others (though not in Italy) dubious from the very beginning (read our numerous previous posts about it), just because of the listing in himself, and the "strange" contact with the guy. We were right, and its no surprise. I'm sorry for you, with all the hassle regarding ebay, paypal. It will probably take time. Let's hope that our good friends heavy Japanese bidders, who usually NEVER leave negative, in this occasion, will change their habits and give the scammer the treatment he deserves.

I totally agree with you - just look at the numbers - 22 negs so far from 10 members - where is everyone else?

I was one of the gullible who lost money but now he's panicking. He sent me an email today apologising. pay pal have seized his account. He's the most stupid con artist I've ever come across. ...

Hi. I'm new here, having discovered the site as a direct result of searching for info on recordsforall. I have absolutely no pity for this creep and here's why: not only did he run a scam auction (I could really care less why) but the guy has the incredible gall to give me and other users who refuse to pay him negative feedback! That is truly beyond the pale.

I was suspicious from the beginning when I noticed that his previous sales were all relatively cheap 45s. Then I became somewhat less suspicious when I noticed that serious vinyl collectors (as judged by their previous winnings) were willing to dive in. So I picked up a few (relatively cheap, in retrospect) items to score and won one of them (for a mere 150 bucks or thereabouts).

Almost immediately someone gave the guy negative feedback for refusing to provide scans -- bless that dude's soul! I decided to hold off to see whether any positive reports from the December 21 fantasy auction would actually flow in. Instead, fraudforall opted to change his feedback to "private"! As far as I was concerned, the contract had been breached because eBay doesn't permit sellers to use the "private feedback" option. In light of that breach of trust (with its obvious inequitable ramifications) I decided I was certainly under no obligation to follow through with the transaction.

I had the opportunity to inform scamforall of this fact on two occasions when he alerted me that my payment was overdue and then (try to believe it!) he started a "Dispute Resolution" thingie with me through eBay, accusing me of flaking out. Interestingly, he refused to address my charges and recitations of facts that made it clear that he was pulling a scam.

Sensing the inevitable outcome and hoping to alert anyone else who hadn't already figured it out, I gave the dude the negative feedback he deserved. eBays stupid "private feedback" policy prevented anyone from seeing exactly WHY I was slamming recordofgall.

To top it off, this poor schmuck with his doomed account then nails ME with negative feedback (thankfully I had only won one record -- poor jazzguy got hit with at least five negative feedbacks!). At least then (because my own feedback is not private) I was able to alert any seller who might see the feedback exactly where to go to find the answers he/she needed about recordsforall.

Unfortunately (tho not that big of a deal for me personally) I also learned that eBay's policy regarding feedback removal in these circumstances is really quite favorable to scumbags like recordsfall versus "winners" of such scumbags' auctions. The policy is that if a seller's permission to use eBay is terminated within 90 days after the seller registered, then all negative feedback left by that seller is AUTOMATICALLY removed. But -- as I learned in an email from some worthless soulless stooge who sits in a plastic cubicle and collects paychecks from scumBay -- negative feedback received under my circumstances is ABSOLUTELY NOT removable. Recordsforall signed up in mid-October and he's still a member. The 90 days period is over and now negative feedback from this jerk is permanent. Or so I was told by eBay.

Try to figure out how that policy makes sense. I'll save you some time. That policy makes sense only if eBay has determined that the 90 days "impermanent period" for negative feedback is the MINIMUM sufficient to convince a judge that they are making a "best effort" to police fraudulent sellers. After the 90 days, eBay can save lots of money by not even bothering to investigate claims such as mine. Some stooge just sends the form email and life goes on.

Yeah, it's disgusting. :bad:

I agree and as a victim I take off my hat to Jazzguy for blowing the whistle on recordsfornoone. I had already paid but at least he made me monitor the situation better and I reckon that I must be have been one of the first to open an official claim as a result.

The irony is that despite the three negs i gave him over a week ago, bullshitforall still hasn't retailated against me like he did for you. I even asked him in the negs to retalite so I could then follow up in public , rather than have it all burried in his yellow belly private feedback. My intention was to say - for the truth, google 'recordsforall fraud'.

He's still logging in cos he sent us all a pathetic email via ebay the other day. He just knows that with 23 negs and rising there's no point retaliating any more. So you guys took the hits to start the ball rolling but as you say, you'll soon have that wiped from the record. I'm fairly optimistc that we'll get some of our $ back since it's such an open and shut case. It'sll make total mockery of pay pal's buyer protection scheme if they can't refund a verified paypal seller whose transactions carrried the buyer protection symbol and who has admitted to fraud via ebay's own message service - now on file - who has several claims against him and 23 negs. The people I really feel sorry are those who didn't pay via pay pal - if there were any. Recordsfornoone, policerecordforhim.

Edited by K1969

Maybe some of you will think i'm obsessed, but 23 negs from ONLY 11 buyers seems too thin IMO... WHERE ARE the feedbacks of our (good) friends heavy Japanese bidders ? Let's not forget, that if there is an Ebay scammer like him, its because there are tons of $$$$$$ to earn, especially from Japan. I cannot imagine that one or two of them has not bidded the 1,5 or 2 k on some record listed by nothingforall...

I can tell you that no one's more obsessed that I am! I'd like to see more negatives but i have already managed to get in contact with other "winners" who lost their money and have filed formal claims but are yet to leave negatives!!!!. I know that this wounds ridiculous, and somewhat hypocritical too, but its true. I think that they're scared of retaliation. Personally I'm passed giving a @€!§* about retaliation. But the fact remains that many claims have been filed that we don't see and can't count. There SHOULD be more negatives and it annoys me that people are shying away but we're only at 30 days since payment. There's a lot who haven't been following things as closely as us and whose patience is soon going to snap. I expect/hope to see a flood of them soon. To see another chat room on this go to audioasylum.com and search by recordsforall.

I think that they're scared of retaliation. Personally I'm passed giving a @€!§* about retaliation. But the fact remains that many claims have been filed that we don't see and can't count. There SHOULD be more negatives and it annoys me that people are shying away but we're only at 30 days since payment.

I did exactly what was suggested above (great minds think alike ;). After recordsforall left his negative feedback, I responded by directing eBayers to google "recordsforall" and "scam". That'll tell them everything they need to know.

I can understand that some people are super averse to ANY negative feedback when there are folks (someone upthread, for example) who claim that they do not bid on anything from a seller who has less than 100% feedback. Frankly, I do not even believe these absolutists exist. Some of the best record dealers on eBay have one or two negative feedbacks because, after selling thousands of records, a seller is bound to stumble across some psycho buyer who can't be pleased, regardless of how reasonable and generous the seller about fixing the "problem". That's why sellers aren't allowed to keep feedback private: it's important to look at what's been sold in the past, who's buying from the seller, at what prices, etc.

As for my own negative feedback (a grand total of two over the past 7 years on eBay), I am certain that it won't affect my credibility or the willingness of reasonable buyers to sell to me. That is because every month I'm shelling out hundreds of bucks to happy sellers. You'd have to be :crazy: to not want my bidding on your stuff.

So you guys took the hits to start the ball rolling but as you say, you'll soon have that wiped from the record.

As I wrote upthread, don't bet on it. When I contacted eBay about having the feedback that recordsforall dumped on me expunged, they replied: tough luck.

It's after the 90 day "safe harbor" where negative feedback from banned sellers is automatically removed. My impression is that eBay is uninterested in addressing complaints which 90 days after a seller has first registered with eBay. It's just not worth it to them. They are happy to take the money they made from recordsforall *before the scam* and presumably they made a bunch of money off his fraudulent sales as well.

In that regard, recordsforall timed his scam perfectly, spending just the right amount of time building up his positive feedback "cushion."

Following up on my previous message, I just received this form letter from eBay (my name was inserted by eBay's computer at several points to "personalize" it -- they must think I'm really stupid):

----------

Thank you for contacting eBay in regards to the removal of your negative

feedback from the member " recordsforall". I will be happy to assist

you.

eBay automatically removes Feedback left by members who are

suspended *INDEFINITELY * within 90 days of their registration.

However, not all suspensions qualify for Feedback removal. In some

situations, the member may be *temporarily* suspended. For example, an

account might be restricted because the member didn't pay his or her

eBay bill. Often, we can provide the member with an opportunity to

resolve the issue and request reinstatement. In those cases, the

Feedback won't qualify for removal.

To learn more about the eBay Feedback Abuse, Withdrawal, and Removal

policy, please go to:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedba...withdrawal.html

As you can see, this member's account was not "indefinitely" suspended,

and they are once again active on eBay.

The feedback posted cannot be removed, as it does not fall within the

scope of the Feedback Removal Policy. Removal is not permitted even if

the member may have been involved in violating other eBay policy.

Members are held solely responsible for the comments they post. eBay

does not assume editorial authority over such comments.

Appropriate action is taken on a member's account when violations of

policy occur. However, feedback removal is not a part of this action, or

tied to such violations. Feedback is only removed when the Feedback

Removal Policy is broken directly. You are able to view this policy at

the following link:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/feedba...withdrawal.html

---------------------------------------

Short version: the negative feedback is permanent, regardless of what happens to recordsforall, unless eBay strays from its own policy and "generously offers" to remove the stains.

Heads up! Just got another email from recklessforall. He's completely pissing his pants now. He's stopped calling me "mate", calls by my real name, and seems finally to have woken up to reality. I wouldn't believe it if he wasn't still frozen to pay pal with his name, address and identity being investigated as we speak. He's scared to go to jail, to lose his job etc. He should be.

I told him to do the right thing and contact pay pal and start cooperating formally with them. Pay pal are now copied on all communications that go between me and him, with my formal claim number in the title. If you were also scammed and are receiving similar messages from him, then I suggest you do the same. If you were scammed but did not get an email from him admitting his guilt, or if you got negative feedback from him after wisely refusing to pay, then contact me via this blog and I will forward it to you. I cannot go into the details, but suffice to say, it's confirmed that he's fighting a battle on two fronts not one. That much is sure. Nothing else explains why he didn't grab the money and run - we simply weren't his intended targets. It may all sound a bit incredible, but you have to realise that what we're dealing with here is a man of a rare and concentrated idiocy. He even says so himself.

One of the two fronts is, of course, ebay and paypal. As for the other, well it depends on what you believe and interpret. I don't necessarily believe his version of events, (ripped off by the original owner) - but it's no less credible than the one that I offerred up for discussion a few days back. (if you got to read it before I took it down, then you know what I'm talking about). Either way, he's in a real mess.

Edited by K1969

if you got negative feedback from him after wisely refusing to pay, then contact me via this blog and I will forward it to you.

Speaking for myself, it's hardly worth the effort to negotiate a mutual agreement with dorkus to remove his pathetic negative feedback. Just thinking about the guy makes me want to take shower.

The thing about hopelessly stupid and ethically bankrupt people is that you don't know what the hell they are going to do next. Further involvement would seem to increase the likelihood that I'll wake up one morning and find recordsforall taking a leak on the side of my house.

By the way did you hear about the new rule that ebayers who make thier feedback private will no longer be able to sell? It's due to start I think in March this year

I think that rule is already in effect.

Note that such a rule would not have prevented recordsforall from running his scam and leaving a trail of negative feedback.

A better and perfectly reasonable rule would (1) disallow users with private feedback from selling; and (2) prevent users with private feedback from leaving feedback to others; and (3) automatically strip any feedback given and received by a seller who changes his feedback from 'public' to 'private.'

Such a rule would have weakened recordsforall's overall "strategy".

Or eBay could just get rid of 'private feedback' because it's stupid. Again, eBay's lawyers allow private feedback to avoid having to litigate privacy laws in country's with stricter (i.e., better) privacy laws than in the US. But it seems to me a very reasonable quid pro quo to give up your "privacy" with respect to the feedback feature of eBay if you want to utilize eBay's auction site. Nevertheless, litigation is expensive and so, once again, eBay errs on the side of scam artists.

Fyi, here's another creative action from a burned buyer.

Check out what our favorite scumball is doing to his "customers" -- sending them garbage 45s! Insult on top of injury!

http://cgi.ebay.com/RECORDSFORALL-RIPOFF-D...6QQcmdZViewItem

Here's the text, in case the auction gets scrubbed by eBay:

ANYONE WHO GOT BURNED BY THIS SOB DIEGO PADOVESE FROM COLLEFERO ITALY ( or so he said) ebay name RECORDSFORALL recordsforall( 337

IS ASKED TO CONTACT ME FOR ACTIONS TAKEN ALREADY..IN UNITY THERE IS STRENGTH.....HE WENT PRIVATE TO KEEP US FROM COMMUNICATING WITH EACH OTHER...please use freakbeat@yahoo.com for all communication. I WON TWO EXPENSIVE PSYCH LPS FROM HIM...HE SENT ME A TRACKING NUMBER FROM ITALIAN POST.. IT CAME AS A SMALL PACKAGE WITH A HALL & OATES 45 RPM ( HE DID THIS SO HE COULD THEN SEND A SCAN OF THE PACKAGE TO PAYPAL OR EBAY WHEN WE STARTED COMPLAINING HOPING TO COVER HIS ASS) I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT OTHERS...LETS GET THIS CROOK

F

]IT CAME AS A SMALL PACKAGE WITH A HALL & OATES 45 RPM ( HE DID THIS SO HE COULD THEN SEND A SCAN OF THE PACKAGE TO PAYPAL OR EBAY WHEN WE STARTED COMPLAINING HOPING TO COVER HIS ASS) I WANT TO HEAR ABOUT OTHERS...LETS GET THIS CROOK

Wow ! Hall and Oates ! with YELLOW label ! original first press. Very rare. :party:

QUOTE(peebles @ Feb 1 2007, 02:58 PM) ....and (3) automatically strip any feedback given and received by a seller who changes his feedback from 'public' to 'private.'

I agree that they should just abolish private feedback altogether. But since they probably won't, i'd suggest modifying your third rule which could (in rare cases) penalise some sellers when the it's the buyer who's at fault. I suggest making it impossible for a seller to go private whilst he still has unresolved auctions. He has to wait, say, until at least 60 days after the end of the auction. Since it's now going to (or already is?) impossible to sell with private feedback, it's only logical that you can't "turn" private right after bids have been placed or payment made, as nothingforall did. It's totally wrong to be able to encourage people to bid on an open, public auction, only to move the goal posts half way through the process. So if you start as a public seller, you should end as a public seller - period. Afterwards you can then go private for whatever twisted reason you want to, but it can't be to rip people off, cos you won't be able to sell any more. Maybe this is already part of the new rule discussed above. But if so, and if it's already in place as Peebles says, then it must have been introduced right after bullshitforall finished his auctions, cos it never stopped him......er I guess that must be just pure freaky coincidence....

Also I'd add that you should only be able to turn new feedback private - all historically public feedback should remain public.

Lastly I can confirm from info receveid via paypal that fuckallforall is indeed "The SmartGroover" DJ from Colferro. "Smart"... the irony is too painful. I was stupid to pay, but he takes the brain cell count to unexplored depths. Tweedle dumb and tweedle dumber.

Edited by K1969