I've Never Won Anything

kulu se mama

Phew! 80 winners = 80 spare promos?

MG

Yeah, does that mean 80 reviewers either turned down the box or actually returned it after reviewing the box? How amazing. I would have been happy to review the box, though I would have kept it. Anyway, congrats to the winners.

About two years ago, I won a mid-level iPod in a company drawing (you had to agree to fill in some survey or other). I put a bit of music on it, but basically it has become my wife's property. That's the only thing I can recall winning in a long time.

I could almost swear what I received were return sets.

i might have to agree.

they are promo sets, but now i have a dilemna.

my "major award" (allusion to "a christmas story") arrived today, and 2 of the "fearless leader" cd's are in such bad shape they will not play all the way through.

do i send an email and look ungrateful, or do i just accept it as is?

I could almost swear what I received were return sets.

i might have to agree.

they are promo sets, but now i have a dilemna.

my "major award" (allusion to "a christmas story") arrived today, and 2 of the "fearless leader" cd's are in such bad shape they will not play all the way through.

do i send an email and look ungrateful, or do i just accept it as is?

I think it would be OK to approach them but I would do it in a humble, low-key way. [ex.] "I was very excited to receive your mailing and want to thank you again for such a great prize package. I don't want to appear ungrateful but.....(tell your story) .... Is it possible that there is anything you could do to help me out? It would be much appreciated."

I received my package today. I haven't looked it over very closely but I did find two extra discs of disc two tucked in with the booklet. That was kind of weird. The set is gorgeous but I think I'll probably end up selling it since I picked up all of Coltrane's Prestige stuff before winning the prize. I'll have to give each disc a spin to see if they're OK.

Edited by mikelz777

I received my package as well. Other than noticing that the sets were not sealed, I didn't inspect the packages and discs too closely, but everything looked to be in good shape. Since I own the big Coltrane Prestige set, I am not overly concerned, as the Fearless Leader box will just be nice to have for free with the new mastering.

I think it would be OK to approach them but I would do it in a humble, low-key way. [ex.] "I was very excited to receive your mailing and want to thank you again for such a great prize package. I don't want to appear ungrateful but.....(tell your story) .... Is it possible that there is anything you could do to help me out? It would be much appreciated."

mike this sounds like great advice.

thanks for the input.

mike this sounds like great advice.

thanks for the input.

Let us know what happens. If one of your bum discs is the 2nd disc, I have two extra if they can't help you out.

i have to give kudos to concord.

i sent an email yesterday - very humble and appreciative - and they are overnighting me a complete new "fearless leader" box.

this is much more than i could've hope for or expected.

i would have been happy with 2 discs sent snail mail.

needless to say, i sent a very thankful email in return.

concord can count me as a customer (as long as they continue to put out good titles :P )