John Abercrombie

sal

Picked this one up and have listened to it once. First impression is that its definitely a nice listen, but as of right now I don't like it as much as the previous release "Class Trip", which i think is an excellent session. The group definitely seems more connected on this release, and in turn the playing is more adventurous. I think this brings some mixed results. There are some amazing moments on here, but also some moments where they reach a point, and then struggle in determining where to go next. I definitely need to give it some more spins, as my opinion may change. Have any of you heard this yet? I really like this quartet....I hope to pick up "Cat N Mouse" at some point, as "The Third Quartet" is likely going to be the last recording by this group for a while.

I really like this quartet....I hope to pick up "Cat N Mouse" at some point, as "The Third Quartet" is likely going to be the last recording by this group for a while.

Possibly. I've been digging this one a bit lately. :tup

Too bad I had to miss the group at Birdland this week.

Let's see those Abercrombie Qt's on ECM get a domestic (USA) CD reissue!

I have an Abercrombie discography that will become a web page soon, he's been on tons of albums. I just have to give it a once over and double check some details. It's more up to date than the old one on his web site.

jaber33.jpg

I really like this quartet....I hope to pick up "Cat N Mouse" at some point, as "The Third Quartet" is likely going to be the last recording by this group for a while.

Possibly. I've been digging this one a bit lately. :tup

Too bad I had to miss the group at Birdland this week.

Let's see those Abercrombie Qt's on ECM get a domestic (USA) CD reissue!

I have an Abercrombie discography that will become a web page soon, he's been on tons of albums. I just have to give it a once over and double check some details. It's more up to date than the old one on his web site.

jaber33.jpg

Good news about the discography. Is it just me or does John look like a "Cheap Trick" reject in that picture?

Check out his previous release, a more standards oriented album.

sacd317cover.jpg

Structures - John Abercrombie, Eddie Gomez, Gene Jackson

1.Jazz Folk

2.The Touch Of Your Lips

3.Moon and Sand

4.Walter Pigeon

5.Everything I Love

6.Embraceable You

7.3 For Three

8.Turn Out The Stars

9.Missing You

10.How Deep is the Ocean