How is Hank Jones?

LWayne

Hank Jones was scheduled to play at the tribute to Thelonious Monk next Thursday night, April 26th at the Tri-C Jazz Fest. Today the festival organizers sent out an email providing details for the performance and Hank's name was conspicuously missing from the tribute concert.

I know that other threads have reported his recent stay, and dismissal, from the hospital. According to my contact at Tri-C Jazz, he was planning on still making the concert last week when we spoke.

I hope and pray that his health has not taken a turn for the worse in the meantime. Any insight?

LWayne :(

Edited by LWayne

Hank Jones was scheduled to play at the tribute to Thelonious Monk next Thursday night, April 26th at the Tri-C Jazz Fest. Today the festival organizers sent out an email providing details for the performance and Hank's name was conspicuously missing from the tribute concert.

I know that other threads have reported his recent stay, and dismissal, from the hospital. According to my contact at Tri-C Jazz, he was planning on still making the concert last week when we spoke.

I hope and pray that his health has not taken a turn for the worse in the meantime. Any insight?

LWayne :(

I haven't seen anything about him taking a turn for the worse, but he is in his 80s and he just got out of the hospital after a pretty serious heart problem. I think he may have just been a bit too optimistic about when he can get back to playing.

He's scheduled to play with Joe Lovano's Nonet at Dizzy's in NYC next month, too.

Still scheduled (so far):

Fri-Sun, May 18-20

Joe Lovano Nonet with Hank Jones

Featuring Joe Lovano, tenor saxophone; Hank Jones, piano; Dennis Irwin, bass; Lewis Nash, drums.