Who "Ripped Off" Dewey Redman?

In the liner notes to Dewey Redman's The Ear of the Behearer, Robert Palmer writes:

By 1967, the year he moved to New York City, Dewey had found his own singular voice. The integration of speaking and singing into his playing had come to him one night in San Francisco, "God gave it to me," he says. "I was playing one night and all of a sudden it just came out. So right away I started studying it, but not from the standpoint of using it as a gimmick, because I think that's the wrong way to do it. I still study it; it's an integral part of the way I play. "Now several people are using it, but I've never been given credit." It may be noted in passing that one popular saxophonist is using Dewey's technique as a gimmick, without giving credit where credit is due.

Which saxophonist was Palmer talking about? I believe the album came out in the mid-1970s.

Guy

ps In the notes, Dewey comments on the tune "Sunlanding": "As for the title, landing on the sun will be a real accomplishment." :crazy:

Edited by Guy