Secondhand LPs in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale Area?

• 4 weeks later...

Lucky me, I happened to click on a linked blog at a blues site I occasionally check out, and what do I find out?

Blue Note Records Has Moved Out of North Miami Beach to Broward County!

And they are concentrating on the vinyl side now. Glad I caught this article before I started jonesing for another trip down there ... I'd have been mighty pissed off if I'd driven all the way down and found that they were gone. Actually, its a bit of a stretch to say they've moved so far away from their long-time spot and closer to the owner, Bob Perry's home. Its only six exits further north, about 7 or 8 miles, max.

Should I go Friday or wait til the weekend? :g

Edited by Dan Gould

Has anyone been to CD Collector in Pompano lately? It's a tiny shop.

I stop in very occasionally to look at the blues vinyl - the price is always right, $2 or $3 each and there is usually a Delmark or something worth buying. Jazz and blues CD stock doesn't seem to change much, I guess not much is coming through the door.

Dean Martin did a couple of jazz-tinged albums, such as "The Intimate Dean Martin" on Reprise, just him and a rhythm section.

That would be Dream with Dean, where Martin fronted a trio of Barney Kessell, Red Mitchell, & Irv Cottler. Most notable for having the original version of "Everybody Loves Somebody", which is a tune not unsuitable for some hard-boppish blowing if you up the tempo.

Other that, I paid about $1.50 for a copy at t a thrift store, and am still debating whether or not I paid about $0.10 too much for it...

Whereever Martin's undeniable strengths/charms as a vocalist lay, "jazz" was not in the immediate or near-immediate vicinity.

• 4 weeks later...