Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

JSngry

Been watching it on BBC America, and it's coming to Fox in an Amerrican version (same host). LTB & I are both fans.

This cat don't fuck around!

Don't know how much of it is just for show, but his in-your-face style of telling it like it is is very much to my liking when the recipients act like "aw it's not THAT bad".

Can't see him coming to American TV, though, not with this show. WAAAAY too many F-Bombs.

We've been watching it since it first aired here and I must admit his attitude does get the better of him sometimes but I do genuinely think he wants to save these dire joints from going under. Which they will!

There are some real shockers; poor management techniques, no management, huge egos and (I won't spoil it for you) the 'chefs' who couldn't taste the difference between pork and fillet steak.....

The French may be right about us Ros-Boeufs. :rolleyes:

Edited by tonym

Been watching it on BBC America, and it's coming to Fox in an Amerrican version (same host). LTB & I are both fans.

This cat don't fuck around!

Don't know how much of it is just for show, but his in-your-face style of telling it like it is is very much to my liking when the recipients act like "aw it's not THAT bad".

Can't see him coming to American TV, though, not with this show. WAAAAY too many F-Bombs.

I caught a few episodes of Hells Kitchen and liked it.

The previews for the new show look good so I expect to be tuning in.

I've never even seen Hells Kitchen. Didn't know about it until today.

I'm out of touch.

Chris, do you get BBC America in NYC? I really think you'd like this show. It's the way that all/most of us would like to talk at our job when we know what's fucked up but "management" is in a terminal case of cranius rectus. I mean, this cat just comes in and lays it down, pulls no punches, and spares no feelings.

And yet, as noted above, he cares.

There are some real shockers; poor management techniques, no management, huge egos and (I won't spoil it for you) the 'chefs' who couldn't taste the difference between pork and fillet steak.....

The one I saw today was a place in Liverpool called Morgan's(?) ran by a 40-ish MILF-y mom & her two early/mid-20-ish DILF-y daughters. Only one daughter had a clue, as did only one person in the kitchen (& it wasn't the head chef....). There's drama enough when Ramsay busts the bubble of some old eccentric retriee or some once semi-lauded chef, but this one was damn near psychotic.

And yet, in the end, they all survived. I just wonder what he had to do off-camera to get them all in line...

The one I saw today was a place in Liverpool called Morgan's(?) ran by a 40-ish MILF-y mom & her two early/mid-20-ish DILF-y daughters. Only one daughter had a clue, as did only one person in the kitchen (& it wasn't the head chef....). There's drama enough when Ramsay busts the bubble of some old eccentric retriee or some once semi-lauded chef, but this one was damn near psychotic.

And yet, in the end, they all survived. I just wonder what he had to do off-camera to get them all in line...

That really was a tragic case, saved in part by their proximity to the WAG-ish Cheshire set who flocked to the restaurant once they found out TV cameras were there.

I've never even seen Hells Kitchen. Didn't know about it until today.

I'm out of touch.

Chris, do you get BBC America in NYC? I really think you'd like this show. It's the way that all/most of us would like to talk at our job when we know what's fucked up but "management" is in a terminal case of cranius rectus. I mean, this cat just comes in and lays it down, pulls no punches, and spares no feelings.

And yet, as noted above, he cares.

I do get BBC but for some reason or another have never seen this show. I'll definitely give it a look.

You guys can keep him. He's been on our TV screens over the past few years far too much. He's a good cook though.

He got his start as a Glaswegian soccer player by the way. 'Nuff said. :rolleyes:

Nigella has just started a new series over here. Total opposite approach to Gordon.

Edited by sidewinder

Big fan of both Kitchen Nightmares and Hell's Kitchen - or as my six-year olds innocently call it: "Health Kitchen." :lol: We don't let the girls watch the BBC version of KN for obvious reasons, but I'm sure they'll dig the American version when it airs.

Who's Nigella?