Fate of Jazz Showcase in Chicago

LWayne

Any insight as to the fate of this venerable institution? Since there was a benefit concert in March, I believe, I have not read any speculation as to whether the club will reopen in a new location as planned. My concern is that the more time passes...

Here's hoping and praying the Jazz Showcase comes back as it provided many great memories I am listening to the Danilo Perez "Live at the Jazz Showcase" as I compose this).

LWayne :D

Edited by LWayne

I had a bite to eat with him one evening and he hopes for the first quarter of the year. They appear to have the place secured but it will need some construction done on the inside, which of course is time consuming and takes money. They will also have a benefit show or two prior to the opening. He annnounced much of this information during intermission at a show at the Harris Theater during the week of jazz fest.

I, for one can't wait until he reopens....looking forward to it.

m~

Joe addressed the entire Chicago Jazz Festival on one of the evenings, at the Petrillo Bandshell on this topic . He said its going to be in Dearborn Station (located in the South Loop). He also said he hoping to open around the first of the year.

I was present and found it odd that donations were being solicited for a private venture.

Rupe

Joe addressed the entire Chicago Jazz Festival on one of the evenings, at the Petrillo Bandshell on this topic . He said its going to be in Dearborn Station (located in the South Loop). He also said he hoping to open around the first of the year.

I was present and found it odd that donations were being solicited for a private venture.

Rupe

...that's Joe! :P

• 2 weeks later...