A Hard Road Expanded

danasgoodstuff

I just found out yesterday that there will be a deluxe 2CD edition of Mayall's Hard Road album out later this month. At thirty-some tracks it will have virtually(?) all of PA Green's work with Mayall. I think CD Universe (that's what Jazzmatazz links to, right?) has the details.

Edited by danasgoodstuff

Peter Green. Now there's a true blast from the past. The original Fleetwood Mac was some group. An incredible metamorphosis from what was then a hard edged blues based band to the total Top 10 pop sound of the current interation. During the early years, some industrial strength guitarists in addition to Green passed through their ranks. Folks like Jeremy Spencer, Bob Welch and Danny Kirwan. Those early albums still hold water. I was especially fond of English Rose with that great version of Albatross. And some others I recall...Kiln House, Future Games and Bare Trees. Then, along came Stevie and the rest, as they say, is history.

Someplace out in the garage where all my remaining vinyl resides, I have a gatefold two LP set called "Fleetwood Mac in Chicago" that features the original band playing with a collection of old blues guys from the Windy City. Man, you want to hear some prime electric blues, this one gets it done.

Up over and out.