Who is the d*ckhead who decides ...

Eric

... what is "album only on iTunes? Mentioned before in various posts, but this is very annoying. I am sitting at work, want to listen to the song Crescent. Of course it shows up on several Coltrane albums. but all of them as "album only". :rmad:

Edited by Eric

I don't know exactly who it is, but I can tell you they are "short" dickheads. Seems to me once a song hits about eight minutes, it converts to album only status. I had the same thing happen to me. I only wanted the song It's A Long Way There by the Little River Band, but the only way to get it was to buy their entire greatest hits package. It is maddening, especially when this most certainly is an arbitrary decision.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James

... what is "album only on iTunes? Mentioned before in various posts, but this is very annoying. I am sitting at work, want to listen to the song Crescent. Of course it shows up on several Coltrane albums. but all of them as "album only". :rmad:

It's worth more than the $.99 or whatever they are charging for a single song.

It's not the length of the song, it's the number of tracks on the album (usually). Most jazz albums seem to fall into the 5 track range, they can't sell them as .99 cent tracks because then you could get the whole album for under $5. So they randomly pick tracks (usually the long ones) so that you'll have to pay the full album price if you want it.

Albums like Karma & Black Unity fall into this as well, 1 or 2 tracks only on the album, no way they'll sell the songs to you for .99 cents.