George Benson Quartet "All Blues"

undergroundagent

I see that, but I saw a cd entitled "All Blues" at my local store with a different cover and no information, but the year it was released and the label. It was on a UK label.

I believe it was a Proper relese from a few years back. It isn't a cutout but a bargain priced double disk set. Looks tasty, but who the hell knows what it sounds like?

I haven't heard anything from the Proper label yet, but people seem generally pleased withthe quality of these releases.

This material was (originally?) issued on a 3-LP set as "Jazz On A Sunday Afternoon" (Accord SN 7113) recorded live on April 29, 1973 at Casa Caribe, in Plainfield NJ. It has to be one of the most widely leased/reissued CD's of all time. I have it on a label called "Magnum", with the title "Par Excellence" (bought it around 1994), but I've seen it MANY times on other no-name labels under different titles. In fact, it seems like I see a different one every other time I go to the local brick and mortars.

It is pretty good, as Jim says. The sound quality leaves a little to be desired, though...

I have this recording on the infamous Italian 'Giants of Jazz' label. I think several of the tracks were faded out, and one or two even faded in! It says "Recorded live in San Fransisco, California, 1972" and has teh following titles:

1. All Blues (12:28)

2. Love for Sale (14:00)

3. Oleo (10:14)

4. Blue Bossa (10:17)

5. All the Things You Are (8:32)

6. Li'l Darlin' (5:34)

7. Dahlin's Delight (13:04)