Enrico Rava and Stefano Bollani - The Third Man

GA Russell

This may be a minority opinion, but personally I don't think that because a disc was received as a promo is even germane to the discussion. The music is the same, whether you bought it, traded for it, downloaded it from eMusic or received it as a promo.

This may be "goofy", but I have a feeling that if you pay for something you may try harder to "like" it.

If it's free, it might be easier to "dispose" of.

• 2 weeks later...

Bought it from Amazon, listened it once, those who hate ECMish stuff won't like it one bit. For the rest you should enjoy it after a first time listening it is an album that will be worth listening again a few times, Rava has a very dreamy way of playing that makes him the standout man of this duet.

Recommended

This may be a minority opinion, but personally I don't think that because a disc was received as a promo is even germane to the discussion. The music is the same, whether you bought it, traded for it, downloaded it from eMusic or received it as a promo.

This may be "goofy", but I have a feeling that if you pay for something you may try harder to "like" it.

If it's free, it might be easier to "dispose" of.

Maybe on Pluto.

------

I love their latest record 'Tati' in trio setting with Paul Motian as the third man. I will have to buy-borrow from a friend-

borrow from the record library-whatever- to make my own opinion on this release.