Burn a CD from a DVD

Peter

It is quite easy if you have a stand alone CD burner.

Just use the audio outs from the DVD player.

As far as using a computer, I could not tell ya.

If you have something you need done ,send me a personal message and I can do it for ya.

It is quite easy if you have a stand alone CD burner.

Just use the audio outs from the DVD player.

As far as using a computer, I could not tell ya.

If you have something you need done ,send me a personal message and I can do it for ya.

One potential problem is if you have a PAL encoded DVD - they'll play on PCs but you're screwed if you have a US DVD player. There is a fairly straightforward way to convert from PAL to the US standard but I am SOL anyway because I don't have a DVD burner installed.

I use Wire Tap which captures whatever sounds are played through your computer, then just drop the results into iTunes. Worked great on the Van Morrison in Montreux Dvd. Because each song got its on chapter I did them one at a time and even got separate cuts for the cd. 1980 concert is wonderful btw.

Thanks but the version I'd download couldn't rip the audio from a DVD. Any other suggestions?

Huh!?? As long as your DVD is playing through your computer Wire Tap will capture the sound.

Ah, how different people have different understandings of the same words. "Rip" in the current vernacular means running a program to convert one file to another. Medjuck's software records what the soundcard plays, so its in real time and therefore not "ripping". Its the same thing I used to do with Goldwave, recording the audio while the DVD plays.