Okay, I won a small bet

Well, I guess I'm alone in watching Lost!

I am not sure it is the fault of the writer's strike, maybe, but this season was the worst so far for me. The creative team kept taking this in a direction that I didn't really care for with increasing violence and bleak situations.

I've also been a fan since day one. I have to respectfully disagree with those who don't think this was a strong season. I am really enjoying the direction this is taking. With regard to the body in the casket, have a look at something I found on Wikipedia.

As requested in his will, Bentham's body was preserved and stored in a wooden cabinet, termed his "Auto-icon". Originally kept by his disciple Dr. Southwood Smith,[11] it was acquired by University College London in 1850. The Auto-icon is kept on public display at the end of the South Cloisters in the main building of the College. The Auto-icon has always had a wax head, as Bentham's head was badly damaged in the preservation process. The real head was displayed in the same case for many years, but became the target of repeated student pranks including being stolen on more than one occasion. It is now locked away securely.

I'm pretty much convinced it's not really Locke. Time will tell.

Up over and out.

Well, I guess I'm alone in watching Lost!

I am not sure it is the fault of the writer's strike, maybe, but this season was the worst so far for me. The creative team kept taking this in a direction that I didn't really care for with increasing violence and bleak situations.

I liked this season much better than i liked season 3. The first half of season three was not paced well, the plot didn't advanced any place and some episodes were simply boring.

Season four with its brilliant flash-forwards and correct pacing and plot developing was a whole lot better, imo.

I've also watched it from Episode 1.

I almost gave up at one point, but season 4 was excellent, although I don't think they'll be able to resolve the plot.

My guess is it will end like 'The Prisoner'.

I've never watched the show, but let me know when the gorilla masks show up, and I'll tune in...

Season one was great. Not sure we'll see anything that approaches the breach of the hatch for sheer suspense. Season two was the weakest. Three was a little disjointed, but picked up steam nicely and ended on a high note with the first of the flash forwards. Season four was one of those "answer one question, replace it with two more" sort of outings, as the mystery surrounding the island became clearer and more muddled at the same time. All in all, though, very satisfying. The writers claim they have the rest of the series mapped out, so I'm comfortable believeing that there will be an acceptable resolution when all is said and done.

One thing for sure, outside of some of the great past and present offerings on HBO, Lost is as good as it gets. Destination TV. I haven't been this tied up in a series since Twin Peaks or the early seasons of the X-Files.

Up over and out.

Edited by Dave James