Beethoven Piano Concertos

pollock

I want to own the very best recordings of this music available on CD.

I have rather a hodge-podge of them now, but I know there have to be "definitive" recordings that I'm not aware of.

Oh, and I don't like the Brendels much at all. I'd rather hear the real cadenzas.

Suggestions, please?

Edited by pollock

Probably CD reissues on the Deutsche Grammophon label (aka the Yellow Peril) would fit the bill. Richter is one of my favorites, and would be on that label and also the Russian Melodya label. (And don't start on about spellings, guys. I know it is a transliteration of Cyrillic, lol.)

Probably CD reissues on the Deutsche Grammophon label (aka the Yellow Peril) would fit the bill. Richter is one of my favorites, and would be on that label and also the Russian Melodya label. (And don't start on about spellings, guys. I know it is a transliteration of Cyrillic, lol.)

Thank you Shrdlu. By the way, my real name is Jay.

I'm listening to Julius Katchen and the London Symphony Orchestra playing the C minor right now and it all sounds rather sloppy to me. There are definitely tempo issues. Not to mention that the recording itself leaves something to be desired.

Edited by pollock

though personally my favorite is Beethoven's 10th Symphony -

And there are only nine of those.

I don't claim to know shit about classical music, but I love the piano concertos and my question was sincere. I don't understand the sarcasm.

I take it you aren't acquainted with Mr. Lowe? He means no harm, this is just his way.

Keep hands and feet clear at all times, and for the love of god don't feed him! ;)

sorry, no sarcasm was intended - I just wanted to say something stupid - helps keep me awake -

guess it was the 32nd sonata - sorry - but that passage I am referring to is astounding -

"Passage." Where exactly does this passage occur? Sonatas are, you know, sort of divided up into sections, like.

I have this set and it sounds great!

Sorry, what is it? I can't make out anything on the tiny picture.

Here's all the info:

http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?...rm=frooglemusic

Thank you for that HG. One question: Cleveland? I mean...nothing against Cleveland, I just wouldn't have ever thought that Cleveland would have, you know...

I was in Cleveland once, maybe that's why I can't imagine anything good coming from there.