Big Band Fusion

Jazzjet

Between Truro and St Agnes on the coast,near Porthtowan. Not a decent record shop within a hundred miles!

That would be the jazz CD shop in Bath, if you are thinking East of Cornwall. Failing that it's the Jazz Record Centre or Downtown Music Gallery NYC if thinking West. :D I'm not sure if there are any jazz outlets these days in Exeter (there used to be a great LP shop on Gandy St but long gone now I'm afraid).

Too bad that Peter Russell's 'Hot Record Store' in Plymouth is long gone. That was a good place - although a bit 'trad/mainstream' inclined.

I think I'd prefer NYC!

Rubbish pasties!

In 3 1/2 years living in Cornwall I got out twice - both times to Plymouth! It's probably as easy to get to NYC as Bath.

It certainly is different here. You might recall the Cornish expression d'reckly ( ie directly ) which I heard described as like the Spanish expression manana without the sense of urgency.

I certainly do - my dad still uses it to mean 'later on' rather than 'immediately'. He also eats 'AAAggs' with his bacon!