I wonder if Obama really loves jazz, or if a team of highly paid consultants put together a list of artists for his imaginary IPod which would appeal to every demographic.

If he was pandering to every demographic don't you think there'd be some country artists on the list instead of EWF? Johnny Cash, for instance, would have been a safe and believable choice.

And, as others have mentioned, isn't jazz a turn-off for the vast majority?

Another interesting omission: no Chicago blues.

I wonder if Obama really loves jazz, or if a team of highly paid consultants put together a list of artists for his imaginary IPod which would appeal to every demographic.

boy, what a skeptic you are! :winky:

perhaps a skeptic, or maybe a narcissist to think that jazz fans are even considered a demographic.

i think more people dislike jazz than like it, so putting Miles et al on the list could backfire and cost him the election. ^_^

Right, as if McCain has anything beyond "Sing Along with Mitch" on his iPod.

Assuming he even HAS an iPod.

I bet that McCain does not have an iPod. I have read several newspaper accounts of how McCain does not use a computer, and has never conducted a search on the internet. He has referred to Google as "The Google" in press interviews and his staff has explained that he does not know what Google is.

I did spot John McCain at the recent Jonas Brothers concert -

I picture McCain marching around to John Philip Sousa LPs, then maybe some Jackie Gleason for those intimate times.

I am officially grossed out.

But I agree that Obama's liking for jazz is probably sincere as far as it goes, because if he wanted to appeal to a wide demographic with his musical tastes, mentioning ANY jazz, even Miles, would be about the worst thing he could do.

But seriously folks, I'm pretty sure jazz is an overall positive association these days. Like Shakespeare or Tolstoy, you don't actually have to like the stuff to give some mental props to someone who appears sincere in dropping the names. Joe America just figures he's knowledgeable in a field that Joe hasn't bothered to check out.

boy, what a skeptic you are! :winky:

perhaps a skeptic, or maybe a narcissist to think that jazz fans are even considered a demographic.

i think more people dislike jazz than like it, so putting Miles et al on the list could backfire and cost him the election. ^_^

Right, as if McCain has anything beyond "Sing Along with Mitch" on his iPod.

Assuming he even HAS an iPod.

Yeah, but McCain did hear Buddy Bolden play live - that's gotta count for something!

I did spot John McCain at the recent Jonas Brothers concert -

I picture McCain marching around to John Philip Sousa LPs, then maybe some Jackie Gleason for those intimate times.

that is very funny but probably closer to the truth than not! :rolleyes:

:rofl:

I picture John McCain at a wedding reception requesting either "Feelings" or "Tie A Yellow Ribbon".. :rolleyes: