Posted Images

Jackson Pollock! freejazz.jpg

freejazzpainting.jpg

Jackson Pollock. (American, 1912-1956). White Light. 1954. Oil, enamel,

and aluminum paint on canvas, 48 1/4 x 38 1/4" (122.4 x 96.9 cm). The Sidney

and Harriet Janis Collection. © 2008 Pollock-Krasner Foundation / Artists

Rights Society (ARS), New York

Edited by 7/4

This thread is seemingly being pulled in two different directions . On the one hand we have covers where the art was created specifically for use as an album cover , and on the other , covers utilizing art created for other purposes . I think Evan intended the former , and I also think that such a stipulation would keep the thread from becoming tediously lengthy . We're also absent any stipulation as to whether the artist has to have been famous at the time of the cover or subsequently , or how 'global' the fame has to be . FWIW , I'd have narrowed it to , Jazz Album Covers Featuring Paintings :)

This thread is seemingly being pulled in two different directions . On the one hand we have covers where the art was created specifically for use as an album cover , and on the other , covers utilizing art created for other purposes . I think Evan intended the former , and I also think that such a stipulation would keep the thread from becoming tediously lengthy . We're also absent any stipulation as to whether the artist has to have been famous at the time of the cover or subsequently , or how 'global' the fame has to be . FWIW , I'd have narrowed it to , Jazz Album Covers Featuring Paintings :)

chas you are correct about the art being created FOR the cover.as far as the "fame" - i'd say let anything go. and not just paintings :)

;)

the thread is as simple as the subject: Album Covers created by famous artists!