Paolo Angeli

ourmanin

Hello all,

anyone aware of this excellent Guitarist from Sardinia ? His new album playing the music of Frith and Bjork (called Tesutti) is wondeful, and he has also made a fanatstic duet album with Hamid Drake.

He also features with Evan Parker and Ned Rosenberg on a Psi Appelby album, which I haven't heard yet. Any other fans out there ?

I heard part of that concert with Hamid Drake on the air - great indeed!

Had to buy that CD eventually - it's available from CD Baby: http://cdbaby.com/cd/angelidrake

Angeli btw plays a guitar he built/modified himself, with more strings than usual or something crazy - he gets quite wonderful sounds with that instrument!

Lovely guy, absolutely fantastic musician!

Absolutely. He organises a festival in Sardinia in September, if anyone is down that way.

He plucks/fingerpicks his guitar as well as bows it, and he has footpedals, wires, bells, all sorts of additions, but controls the beast brilliantly.

Bev - have you seen this one? I'm certainly planning on picking it up!

I didn't get to any of the freezone sessions but did see the three on the main stage. I'd imagine these are a mix of solo, duo and trio improvs (that's what they did on the main stage). I must admit I didn't really connect with Rothenberg. Might give this a go to see if I can find a way in.

• 5 years later...