RVGs of Beatles Albums

JSngry

other people have said it here and elswhere, but i'll say it again ...

apple should re-do the beatles catalog (and all future beatles releases) as hybrid sacd's. period. just look at the great work that has been done thus far with the stones and dylan ... they would be crazy not to. it's not like they wouldn't sell ... they should keep the original catalog together (including past masters one and two), but, where space allows, put the stereo and mono mixes on single discs. no bonus tracks unless previously unreleased. white album would have to be 4 discs to include both mixes. and remaster the records from the original masters ... no remixing!! the yellow submarine songtrack was great but the same approach should not be applied to the entire catalog.

also, live at the hollywood bowl should (finally) be issued on cd, along with the promo comp. of christmas fan club discs.

has anyone here actually heard the mono sgt. pepper? it is quite different and worth a listen. what i wanna hear is the mono white album ... the two tracks from rarities (1980) (helter skelter and don't pass me by) were like nite and day campared to the stereo ...

finally, the hybrids can have 5.1 mixes as long as they have stereo sacd mixes as well.

I totally agree, Bruce! :tup

What I've done in recent years with the advent of CD-Rs has been to create Beatles' compilations of certain years (I know - ultimate geekiness). I've got a combo cd of Rubber Soul, Revolver, and the various singles of that vintage. It's great to hear songs like Rain along with songs from Revolver. Sometimes, I've thrown cool bootleg tracks in.

That sounds great to me! If that's geekiness, then shake hands with Mr. Geek. :g