help finding an expensive book, relatively cheap

1523747.gif

Arthur Foote: A Musician in the Frame of Time and Place - by Nicholas E. Tawa

Product Details:

ISBN: 081083295X

Format: Hardcover, 368pp

Pub. Date: September 1997

Publisher: Rowman & Littlefield Publishers, Inc.

Series: Composers of North America Series

Barnes and Noble is the only site I've been able to find this on (so far), but they want $62 for it (ouch!!) - or $58.80 for a used copy (also ouch!!).

Anybody got any good leads for finding this book about classical composer Arthur Foote, at a more reasonable price??? (Yeah, yeah - I'd love to find one for $25, but I'd at least be happier if I found one for $40 or so.)

Who is Arthur Foote - you ask???

Arthur Foote (1853-1937), Unitarian church musician and influential music teacher, was a leading member of a group of composers known as the Boston Six or the Second New England School. Together, the Six-John Knowles Paine, Horatio Parker, George Chadwick, Edward MacDowell, Amy Beach, and Arthur Foote-wrote the first substantial body of indigenous concert hall, or "classical," music in America. Foote was especially known for chamber music, art songs, and music for choirs. He was considered the "Dean of American Composers" during the first two decades of the twentieth century. He has influenced subsequent generations of musicians through his didactic writings.

Good on-line bio here: CLICK

Edited by Rooster_Ties

Thanks couw. It's one of those books I'd love to read, but probably not enough to pay that much to own. I'll see if there's any way I can interlibrary-loan it through the U.S. public library system. (A long-shot, but who knows - maybe.)

Edited by Rooster_Ties