Question for Blue Note Experts on Smith's Crazy Baby 4030

dsockel

I was organizing my collection today and discovered 2 copies of Jimmy Smith's Crazy Baby 4030 (DG, 63rd streets). One copy had the blue-green type face that matches the car and the woman's outfit. The other cover had yellow type that stands out more.

post-3933-1231013229_thumb.jpg

post-3933-1231013202_thumb.jpg

1) Is there any difference between the two (original v. second printing)?

2) Are there other BN's released at the same time with different covers?

Thanks.

Dave

i dont know if i accidently forgot about this, or never knew in the 1st place. i have a vague half-memory/recollection of one BN lp cover that was altered with diff. colours but ill be damned if this was the one i was think of back then. or maybe it never happened. or maybe it did. i dont really know. today i got hit on my head on the bus when i was getting up, some guy was swinging his backback on or something, i dunno- it really hurt for like two hours, and it wasnt even that hard a hit- wasnt like a fuckin baseball or nothin///so in answer to your question i have no idea what is going on with this, other than

can someone tell us how cover art is "reissued" on liberty lps? like you know on steve hoffman there all talking about master tapes, etc...well is the master art work stored by blue note too back in the day (and then liberty, capitol, emi , etc)

or whats goinbg on with the art work.

the best jimmy album though by far and away is the date with Byrd, Mobley, and Lou. By far and away his most legitimate jazz release

I have spoken to Ron at Music Matters. The cover art is licensed from Blue Note, plus they also secured access to all the photos taken by Francis Wolff that were not originally used. Music Matters has a gatefold and puts some of these additional session images inside the jacket. Looks nice.

I have spoken to Ron at Music Matters. The cover art is licensed from Blue Note, plus they also secured access to all the photos taken by Francis Wolff that were not originally used. Music Matters has a gatefold and puts some of these additional session images inside the jacket. Looks nice.

Are there archives (or whatever) from Reid Miles ? Does anybody has informatio about that ?