Odyssey of Iska not to be re-re-re-reissued

David Ayers

I guess I must have come over all chewy when I wrote that thread title.

Incidentally you must be gutted about the Connoisseur and RVG series re-reissuing all those titles that had already been re-issued in the CC series and calling them reissues. What etymological maroons. And those CCs were really re-reissues of the original 87/88/89 reissues. Hey they'd reissued them once - why bother doing it again?

OK I've got to go and re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-[that's enough re-, ed.] fill my gas tank. See yas!

This would be an excellent 3-CD Mosaic Select:

Super Nova

Odyssey Of Iska

Moto Grosso Feio

Unissued 10/13/70

But the word on the street is that Wayne does not want that last session released, so that's that. Except I was given some contradictory information when I put together the Appendix to his bio a few years ago, so who knows what the truth is.

Bertrand.

This would be an excellent 3-CD Mosaic Select:

Super Nova

Odyssey Of Iska

Moto Grosso Feio

Unissued 10/13/70

But would that be enough music for a select? The selects I own are usually made up of around 5 different sessions. Might Mosaic be able to issue some or all of these as singles?

Wouldn't these albums make for a nice Mosaic Select? I've not heard any of them (Iska, Moto Grosso, Supernova).

You weren't really excited about "De Pois do Amor, o Vazio" about five years ago. "Too nice and easy..." :)

http://www.organissimo.org/forum/index.php...st&p=162276

And you're still offended after five years? :g

I guess it would be different to get to hear all of this music! Also, five years ago I had almost no interest in anything Shorter did after he left Miles, by now I have a few Weather Report albums and learned to dig them!

I believe you can get it as a CD-R on Amazon. I've been holding off since I assume Blue Note will have to properly re-issue it some day.

Here's the link to the CD-R:

http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-Iska-Wayne-S.../dp/B000008C8J/

I don't think Blue Note will do "proper" reissues of titles they are licensing for CD-R release.

I don't think Blue Note will do "proper" reissues of titles they are licensing for CD-R release.

Well, maybe that makes it less likely that they'll reissue it properly, but Paul Chambers Quintet is on the CD-R list, and it just got RVGed. (And there are other easily available RVGs that are available as CD-Rs: e.g. Smokestack, J.R. Monterose).

I believe you can get it as a CD-R on Amazon. I've been holding off since I assume Blue Note will have to properly re-issue it some day.

Here's the link to the CD-R:

http://www.amazon.com/Odyssey-Iska-Wayne-S.../dp/B000008C8J/

They want $16.95 for a CD-R??????? :crazy: