splicing mp3 files for cd burning

jmjk

Hey all--

I have a number of old-time radio shows in mp3 format, and I'd like to burn each one to cdr. The trouble is, I have no way to add index marks to the files in Roxio, so the entire show ends up being one huge track. Furthermore, some of the mp3 files, when converted for audio burning, are too big to fit on one cdr, and Roxio will not allow me to burn just 1/2 of the file.

Is there any cd burning software available that will allow me to program index marks so that I can break each show up into, say, 10 tracks? Right now, the only workaround I have is to burn the mp3s AS mp3s to a CDRW, and then use my DVD player (which plays mp3s on cd) to run analog into my home audio burner, where I can manually encode track changes on the fly---and this is done in real time, so I physically need to be there in order to do it. It takes hours! I've looked into the Feurio! software, but I'm still not sure it can do what I want. Any suggestions on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks to everyone for the help.

I spent Friday night downloading and learning to use the Goldwave application. It looks very intimidating at first, but with the online manual and tutorials, I was up and running in no time. The cool thing about it is that it does exactly what I need. The BEST thing about it is that the program does SO much more, and I'm going to have a blast playing with its various editing features. The Goldwave program strikes me as the "Photoshop" for audio.