Funny Rat

Guest Chaney

How about hi-de-ho?

Well, 7/4, I have to note that under the positive influence of Hans and myself you are making some improvements. Hi-de-ho is serious enough for me. I speak for myself only, of course - Hans might still find it a bit thoughtless and irrisponsible, but for me it's just fine.

Good to hear there's some hope!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How about hi-de-ho?

Well, 7/4, I have to note that under the positive influence of Hans and myself you are making some improvements. Hi-de-ho is serious enough for me. I speak for myself only, of course - Hans might still find it a bit thoughtless and irrisponsible, but for me it's just fine.

ho-ho-pe?

How about hi-de-ho?

ho-ho-pe?

Only in the privacy of your own home!

Now that P.L.M. is reading: I had another hearty laugh reading his post (in one of the links above) calling David and me pains in the ass! :lol:

What is sure, it's you're both up to this sentence this last few days.

One who dislike DAVID S WARE and the other who trash RIVERS and, in the same sentence, CONFERENCE OF THE BIRDS, RIVERS AND BRAXTON!!!

Go both buy you a life. Or a new pair of ear. Or both. Whatever.

Heu... my friends.

Now that P.L.M. is reading: I had another hearty laugh reading his post (in one of the links above) calling David and me pains in the ass!  :lol:

What is sure, it's you're both up to this sentence this last few days.

One who dislike DAVID S WARE and the other who trash RIVERS and, in the same sentence, CONFERENCE OF THE BIRDS, RIVERS AND BRAXTON!!!

Go both buy you a life. Or a new pair of ear. Or both. Whatever.

Heu... my friends.

hey friend, get to like Odeon Pope first, and then we continue our little conversation :g

ubu (I'm a royal one, by the way ^_^ )

I don't want to hijack this thread, but did you see all that I'm now a GROOVER?

102 posts. I feel old suddenly. Feel like 102 years after I have to read your sacrilege posts.

Put all our modern idols down the hill. How do you dare?

You will see when, in ten or twenty years, youngsters will come to this thread laughing about your beloved GEBIA, how you' ll feel.

Punks.

Edited by P.L.M

I don't want to hijack this thread, but did you see all that I'm now a GROOVER?

102 posts. I feel old suddenly. Feel like 102 years after I have to read your sacrilege posts.

Put all our modern idols down the hill. How do you dare?

You will see when, in ten or twenty years, youngsters will come to this thread laughing about your beloved GEBIA, how you' ll feel.

Punks.

:lol:

Hey, I never dissed Braxton, and I'm an openly declared fan of Rivers!

ubu

Yes, but what about DAVID WARE, your majesty?

And you are both kidding me wit ODEON POPE.

I've seen him twice in the seventies and even at that time, my friends and I, (whe were about your age at that far away period, he he) thought that the guy was just a down ass hardbopper who try to be up with the hipe, but didn't success much (quite nice sound, thought.)

You will see when, in ten or twenty years, youngsters will come to this thread laughing about your beloved GEBBIA, how you' ll feel.

I assume you heard the recent (PHENOMENAL) Zen Widow (Gebbia-Powell-Goodheart) release? One of the best releases of 2004 (well, I've heard only five 2004 releases so far, but it's not the point).

Regarding Odeon Pope, seriously P.L.M., what's the problem? I can understand the criticism when it comes to his '90s recent trio releases on Enja and Knitting, and some of the CIMP work (unexciting "Philadelphia Spirit" with Byard Lancaster, for example), but with work with Saxophone Choir on Soul Note is outstanding, and he simply burns with Max Roach on Scott Free (Soul Note). At his best, Pope I think ios up there with the best - beautiful sound in all registers, outstanding technique and good original ideas (I can always recognize Pope immidiately - and I can't do it wih many other musicians).

And with further sacrilage, wait till I get to discussing Dolphy.

He-he, of course.

Yes, but what about DAVID WARE, your majesty?

And you are both kidding me wit ODEON POPE.

I've seen him twice in the seventies and even at that time, my friends and I, (whe were about your age at that far away period, he he) thought that the guy was just a down ass hardbopper who try to be up with the hipe, but didn't success much (quite nice sound, thought.)

Now now now, I don't like that "Go See the World" disc by Ware, and didn't feel his sitting in on one track of Beaver Harris' great "African Drums" was of any use for that album. Other than that, I have not heard anything by Ware yet (but remember, I like that lady-drummer he used to play with, remember? :P ).

I will check the ones you mentioned some day (money is the problem, not my will).

And as far as Pope is concerned, I have one of his saxophone choir discs (The Ponderer) and like it a lot. Other than that only some with Roach (To The Max). Not an expert, but what I have, I like.

Forgot to congratulate you for your groover status!

Don't you want to do something worthwhile now for a change ( :g ) and make a few comments on this one?

B000031WT7.08.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

ubu

Yeah, P.L.M., what do you think, you are in for relaxin here?!!

Gotta justify your GROOVER status!! YOu'de better drop everything you're doing and prepare an extended analysis of Solal/Portal NOW!

Are you making a joke on me UBU?

I don't have listen to these old farts in years!!!

I mean, to their recent works.

If you add up their respective age, the result is older than 102 years, your royal something.

Too old even for me to spend time with that kind of geriatric musicians/record.

Well, now back to normal.

I've the side two of NEFERTITI, THE BEAUTIFULL ONE HAS COME to listen to.

Just put my hand on a copy of the REVENANT edition and find that there is twice more stuff on it than on my old LP. AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!!

And nobody has told me this, even on FUNNY RAT!!!!!!!

Edited by P.L.M

If you add up their respective age, the result is older than 102 years, your royal something.

:g:g:g

Just put my hand on a copy of the REVENANT edition and find that there is twice more stuff on it than on my old LP. AND I DIDN'T KNOW THAT!!!!

Hey, we're young enough to have come to know this music with the Revenant edition, why would we know the LP was having less material? What again was an LP? :P

Seriously, I quite like the Portal/Solal, and I'd be interested in your opinion, if you know it!

ubu

Such an insult.

Back to things Funny Rat ,......................just received

Nefertiti, the Beautiful One Has Come, quite exciting stuff

was this originally a double album or was some of this not on the original issue?

The Cafe Montmartre sessions were originally released on Danish Debut LPs.

First one was 'Live at the Cafe Montmartre'.

Second was 'Nefertiti, The Beautiful One Has Come'. This one had a Marte Roling cover which was 'adapted' from one of a series of Cecil Taylor photos I took back in 1965 (old story!).

The full session was reissued on a double LP by Arista in 1975. The double LP was also issued under the title 'Nefertiti, The Beautiful One Has Come'.

The content of the two LPs have appeared on a number of CD issues (on the Freedom and Black Lion labels).

The Revenant CD has two additional alternates of 'D Trad That's What' and 'Call' that have not been issued before.

Edited by Д.Д.

And with further sacrilage, wait till I get to discussing Dolphy.

He-he, of course.

D O N ' T Y O U D A R E M Y F R I E N D ! ! !

(you won't be my friend anymore :rmad: )

Before I make any further comment, let me work through my Dolphy collection again.

I better would, buster! And make sure you listen to the WHOLE Five Spot stuff, and all the recordings with Booker Little, Mal Waldron, Ron Carter, and to "Out There" and the albums with Oliver Nelson, too! And then "Out To Lunch", and the live dates from Europe, 1964, and the GREAT stuff from the 1964 tour with Mingus, and the stuff with Coltrane (COmplete 1961 Village Vanguard, the Feb. 62 tracks from Birdland, "Olé Coltrane") - and then please tell us enthusiastically what a giant Dolphy was! And how sad we still are about this premature loss.

ubu

Really, I don't.

I just throw the last PORTAL I listen too (that miserable MINNEAPOLIS blurp) by the window (heu, not in the street, in my garden that I could go to sell it the next day and buy me some NICE MUSIC.)

So, I've solemnly renonce to PORTAL since this dreadfull time (only agreed with myself to buy nice reedition of the early PORTAL.)

The last record of MARTIAL SOLAL I have bought was the magnificent TRIANGLE on JMT (I think it's OOP) from 1995.

A complet masterpiece (in trio with MARC JOHNSON & PETER ERSKINE - what a drummer when he doesn't play crap music.)

After that, I've decided that MARTIAL SOLAL (the *great*, and I praise him) have reach his pick and, surely, could not surpass it ever again.

So, I have decided to leave him forever and keeping the feeling this music has gave me in me (only refresh my ears time to time by listenning to it - beautifully recorded by the way.)

Beautifull story, huh?

Edited by P.L.M