Interesting looking shows @ Smalls (NYC) this weekend

In addition to Lee Konitz at the Vanguard, I saw this at Smalls:*

10:30 & 12:00 AM - The Rodney Green Group

Rodney Green - Drums , Jeremy Pelt - Trumpet , Danny Grissett - Piano , Dave Wong - Bass

1:30 AM - After-hours jam session with: The Spencer Murphy Trio

Spencer Murphy - Bass , Eden Ladin - Piano , Jon Irabagon - Alto Sax , Cory Cox - Drums

Anyone know anything about them?

*I AM VERY UPSET that I missed Freddie Redd and his sextet at Smalls last weekend. ARRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool!

Thanks for the heads up on 5/29, Joel. I'll try to make it, although I don't usually get up to New York (from Philly) until 8:30 or so. Maybe I'll leave early that day.

You'll probably see me there. I came with the furniture :rolleyes: .

My group will be there early show May 29th FWIW-----not much, I'm sure.

Cool!

Thanks for the heads up on 5/29, Joel. I'll try to make it, although I don't usually get up to New York (from Philly) until 8:30 or so. Maybe I'll leave early that day.

You'll probably see me there. I came with the furniture :rolleyes: .

My group will be there early show May 29th FWIW-----not much, I'm sure.

Thanks. Hope to see you. I'm trying to get a group off the ground with two superb musicians: Tim Givens on bass and cello, and Vanderlai Perriera on drums. We worked twice in January and rehearsed once last month. We think we have something nice and need some work. I have a lot of nice material and we at least hit the tip of the iceberg that rehearsal. People will sit in a bit last set, not too much. I want to feature the guys (and my own playing, too, I guess). But I always make the tunes and presentation the main attraction. I want to write some things to feature Tim on cello, he is superb----one of the best I've heard. Plus he knows every tune I call. Vanderlai is a tremendous talent with great ears, Brazilian, with his own take on jazz.