No Now is So

Alexander Hawkins

On the 'Who to look out for in 2010' page in this month's Jazzwise, four different reviewers mention Alexander Hawkins - John Fordham, BBC Jazz on 3, Duncan Heining, Oliver Weindling. In each case they don't mention anyone else. (26 critics asked in all).

Well done, Alex!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Bev, I too noticed that - a definite vote of confidence.

Also for those that haven't checked Alexander Hawkins' website recently there's exciting news of a new trio release with Alex playing Hammond available here http://www.boweavilrecordings.com/

I'm very much looking forward to this trio playing with Joe McPhee in a couple of weeks - ticket already snaffled - should be a late highlight of the year

And No Now is so is still very high in my list of albums of the year

On the 'Who to look out for in 2010' page in this month's Jazzwise, four different reviewers mention Alexander Hawkins - John Fordham, BBC Jazz on 3, Duncan Heining, Oliver Weindling. In each case they don't mention anyone else. (26 critics asked in all).

Well done, Alex!

Yes, Bev, I too noticed that - a definite vote of confidence.

Also for those that haven't checked Alexander Hawkins' website recently there's exciting news of a new trio release with Alex playing Hammond available here http://www.boweavilrecordings.com/

I'm very much looking forward to this trio playing with Joe McPhee in a couple of weeks - ticket already snaffled - should be a late highlight of the year

And No Now is so is still very high in my list of albums of the year

Thank you for this - really kind! I haven't seen Jazzwise yet, so thank you! That is certainly very kind of those reviewers to mention me.

Please come and say hi at the McPhee gig...really looking forward to that one...certainly a privilege to get to play with those three guys!

• 5 weeks later...

Just 'upping' this...a couple of months back, the BBC asked me to do a session with my Ensemble for their 'Jazz on 3' show...I'm really delighted with how it came out, and the show will be broadcast in February. Anyhow, even though it hasn't gone out yet, by virtue of it having been recorded this year, I'm flattered to say that 'Jazz on 3' included it in their 'best sessions of 2009' programme, available to 'listen again' here. There's some fun stuff throughout the show; and we're on last - it's a new tune of mine called 'Elmoic'.