Miles 'Complete Plugged Nickel' @ Columbia House

Have been a lurker here for some time...and before I came here, I lurked the BNBB for quite a while. Have been wanting to post, but just never really felt motivated enough to do so. Until now...

Just wanted to let you all in on a great deal I just got. If you're a member of the Columbia House music club and don't have the Miles Davis 'Complete Plugged Nickel' box set yet, now's the time to get it!

I just got it for a whopping...are you ready?...$33.44!!! :excited:

Seriously.

They have it listed at $52.49. However, when I added it to my cart, the price went down to $25.49. With a shipping/handling charge of $7.95, the total comes to $33.44.

Man...this is almost as good a deal as the John Coltrane 'Complete 65-68' box set I got from BMG a couple years ago for around 30 bucks!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they actually ship it at this price and will update this post once it ships.

HURRY BEFORE THEY REALIZE THEY'RE PRACTICALLY GIVING THESE THINGS AWAY!!!

:tup:tup:tup:tup

Here are some more good deals:

John Coltrane Atlantic box - $49.98

Sonny Rollins RCA box - $41.99

Miles Davis/John Coltrane Columbia box - $54.98

Miles Davis/Gil Evans Columbia box - $54.98

Miles Davis Quintet '65-'68 box - $54.99

Miles Davis Bitches Brew box - $34.99

Charlie Christian box - $19.99

Miles Davis Complete In A Silent Way - $24.99

Bill Evans Complete Riverside Recordings - $88.99

Charles Mingus Atlantic box - $37.48

Thelonious Monk Complete Riverside box - $149.98

:blink::blink::blink:

I'd be all over these if I didn't have most of them already, but I hope some other people will pick them up.

Also, don't forget to check the Outlet Store which was recently updated. I picked up some good ones ranging from .99 to 2.99 - Miles Davis' 'Filles De Kilemanjaro', 'Miles In the Sky', 'Get Up With It' being the best of the bunch. Also picked up Thelonious Monk 'Newport 1963 and 1965' and Charles Mingus 'Tijuana Moods' for 4.99 each (about $8 w/ shipping/handling). Sweeeeet! :D

Welcome to the board, street singer!

I hope you will find some motivation to join us in the fun and start posting (it can be very addictive  ^_^ )

Thanks for the tip!

:D

Thanks for the welcome, AfricaBrass!

I've been meaning to jump in here for quite a while now... Now that I've taken the plunge, I'm sure I'll be actively participating in many of the discussions here on the board. (Great, just what I need - another distraction at work! As if reading all these posts weren't enough...)

Still can't get over that Plugged Nickel box... $33!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I just picked up a used copy for $50 which in the scheme of things is still a steal for this set.

Yeah, definitely. I'd been meaning to pick this one up for some time now. Have been working my way through it over the past few days. Wonderful music... It's interesting to hear how far they went with some of those standards.

It's interesting to hear how far they went with some of those standards.

I'll say.

If Wayne Shorter never recorded anything other than the PN stuff, he would have still cemented himself in jazz history as one of the most brilliant musicians to ever play the music.

His command of the horn is simply astounding.