LF: 2 Mosaic discs, Stuff Smith & Classic Capitol Jazz

I'm looking for replacements to these Mosaic discs:

Disk 2: Classic Capitol Jazz (MD12-170)

Disk 4: Complete Verve Stuff Smith (MD4-186)

I acquired these sets second hand and unfortunately, one disc from each is nearly unplayable. I'm looking for mint or near mint replacements, and am willing to pay up to $25 each. If anyone has spares, please PM me.

I'm looking for replacements to these Mosaic discs:

Disk 2: Classic Capitol Jazz (MD12-170)

Disk 4: Complete Verve Stuff Smith (MD4-186)

I acquired these sets second hand and unfortunately, one disc from each is nearly unplayable. I'm looking for mint or near mint replacements, and am willing to pay up to $25 each. If anyone has spares, please PM me.

Mosaic may still have the individual discs you're looking for. Have you contacted them yet?

(Edit) See also robviti's post above.

Edited by J.A.W.

have you tried contacting mosaic to see if they might have extra copies of these discs lying around? it doesn't matter if you bought the sets used, since you can offer to pay them for the replacements. just a thought.

Yes, that was the first place I looked. Scott Wenzel was out of each. Thanks for the suggestion.

I convey in friendly terms/tone: you are taking a very unlikely rifle shot with this approach. In ten-plus years, I have never come across the missing disc to my Woody Shaw set. Partial sets (w/ CDRs, albeit illegitimate, of missing material), and "parts" can get good prices in the used market; there is good value in collectible boxes and booklets even in a digital music world. Then spend your time looking for complete sets; wasn't the Capitol offered on this board this week? good luck, Dan

have you tried contacting mosaic to see if they might have extra copies of these discs lying around? it doesn't matter if you bought the sets used, since you can offer to pay them for the replacements. just a thought.

Yes, that was the first place I looked. Scott Wenzel was out of each. Thanks for the suggestion.