Blue Note Album Cover Books

Thanks Claude, for the links! I just ordered Vol. 2. :tup:cool:

I think I have Volume 1, but it has a different cover than the one in Claude's links:

3123737.jpg

Here's the one I have:

0811800369.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

----------------------

Are these the same? :blink: They're both dated 1991...

The US and UK editions have identical content, but the covers are different. The one you have is the US edition, and the one in Claude's link is the UK edition.

I was lucky enough to pick up remaindered copies of volume 1, California Cool, and New York Hot some years ago, but I never got volume 2 until recently, when I found a reasonably-priced copy of the US edition online at a bookseller in the Netherlands. The shipping costs were almost as much as the price of the book itself, but even so it was still a lot cheaper than most of the other copies I've run across.

Anyone in the UK who has access to the FOPP stores can also find the two Blue Note books for £4.99 each !

Too bad they don't also have the 'New York Hot'

I got mine from the Cockburn St. store in Edinburgh a few years back. Last year I was in the Rose St. store and they still had them!

Anyone in the UK who has access to the FOPP stores can also find the two Blue Note books for £4.99 each !

I got mine from the Cockburn St. store in Edinburgh a few years back. Last year I was in the Rose St. store and they still had them!

Is that the 'New York Hot' that they still had?

:excited:

Is that the 'New York Hot' that they still had?

:excited:

oops, sorry bud...no the BN cover art books! :w

• 4 months later...

There was also an expensive book from Italy, which was associated with an art exhibition, I believe. I saw it once on eBay, but it was WAY expensive. The title is escaping me...

You sure this was not the Spanish book 'Grafico Jazz'? That softcover coffeetable size book was published in conjunction with a 1999 exhibition of jazz albums covers in Valencia, Spain. Full title is 'Disco y Fotografia en el disco de jazz 1940/1968'.

Saw a copy of it in a bookstore while vacationing in Spain last year and bought it. Not that expensive, compared to some other books on jazz.

It has interesting photos of rare album covers and an essay on the subject by Bob Blumenthal plus interviews with Burt Goldblatt and Jim Flora. Text in Spanish with english translations.

I just happened to stumble onto a scan of this, so I thought I'd post it...

90361484_e5fe9db95a_m.jpg

If you see it, grab it. :cool: (oh, and while you're at it, grab one for me ;) )