koss portapro headphones

alocispepraluger102

koss portapro headphones

these early 1980's headphones absolutely unchanged (about $30 including shipping, from amazon) are awesome sounding.

to my ears, you wont find better for $150.

mine sound great, and they have a free replacement warranty, no questions asked.

send koss 6 bucks for shipping, and get a new pair.

if style isnt your thing, and sound is, and, like me, you dont have that much money, do your ears a great favor.

true, they arent closed ear, but you'll love them, very likely.

i bought another set, just in case i lose this pair.

(bluelake, wkcr, and kbcs replays sound awesome on the pod).

after about 3 hours of the very slightly overemphasized bass, i've had enough.

that's about my listening limit.

they fold neatly into their little bag/case for travel.

they blow my sony earbuds away.

koss_porta_pro_mellow_yellow_-15957.jpg

Edited by alocispepraluger102

Hi Aloc,

The Koss Porta Pros are nice and do blow away any kind of earbuds that come with the iPod. I had a pair back in the early 90's with portable CD player and they were great but I don't know what happened to them. I used buds in the 2000's with my ipods until about 4 years ago I picked up the Sennheiser PX100. They sound phenomenal like I remember the Koss' did but they aren't as clunky and they fold up nice and come with a hardshell case for travel. I didn't know that they still made the Portas but the Sennheisers are a good substitute if you can't find them. You can find them for about $30 online.

Peace,

Daniel

Hi Aloc,

The Koss Porta Pros are nice and do blow away any kind of earbuds that come with the iPod. I had a pair back in the early 90's with portable CD player and they were great but I don't know what happened to them. I used buds in the 2000's with my ipods until about 4 years ago I picked up the Sennheiser PX100. They sound phenomenal like I remember the Koss' did but they aren't as clunky and they fold up nice and come with a hardshell case for travel. I didn't know that they still made the Portas but the Sennheisers are a good substitute if you can't find them. You can find them for about $30 online.

Peace,

Daniel

thanks. i will check out the senns.

the portapros are definitely clunky.

• 4 weeks later...

I've always presumed that Bose products were overpriced because of the amount they spent on advertising. A few weeks ago I was flying business class (on business) and was offered me a pair of Bose noise canceling earphones to use during the flight. Much to my surprise I really liked them and used them rather than my Sennheisers. Anyone here think they're worth the price? They're certainly comfortable. (I'm usually only listening to music on my iPhone.)