World's oldest person dies

DrJ

Wow, 115 - born when Grover Cleveland was president!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090911/ap_on_...t_oldest_person

My favorite part of the story was this: "In her final years, she passed her days watching her favorite TV program, "The Jerry Springer Show," and consuming her favorite foods: bacon, fried chicken and ice cream."

Just goes to show, longevity is mostly about genes...

My former neighbor just died at 104. He was a heck of a guy who should be remembered somewhere, so...here.

Anyone who lived in the Oakland/Berkeley area in the 60s and 70s remembers the old MG convertible that used to roam the streets with a replica atomic bomb - same size as the car! - pillared above the car's body and painted with various slogans that were "of the time". Or the Cadillac hearse...stretched and made into a camper with a faux Airstream body made of sheets of tin. It was a truly legendary family. I'm proud to have known them and swum in their various ponds and pools. To have ridden their hillside railroads. To have caught their poison oak. To have hung out with their visiting relatives - from Canada, even. Erling, John, Arthur, you taught me a lot. You made me the mess I am today. Thank you.

JSngry posted: Shouldn't that be "Former World's Oldest Person"? wink.gif

Didn't the World's Oldest Person die just a few weeks ago? And then a few months before that? When will this stop??

Now that's some funny stuff...

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys - I've been fine, just busy as can be between work and the 2 munchkins. They are getting big, my oldest just started first grade and the little guy is now a walking, talking, mischief making machine (as it should be)!

Should be sleeping right now...so g'night. I'll be checking in more often than I have been though, very much looking forward to it - I've missed this place! Just signed up for the latest BFT and put my name in the hat to assemble a future test disc.

Edited by DrJ