How the H*ll Did I Get So Much...?

BeBop

wot? Search for the New Land would be among the few Mogie discs I'd never throw out! It's wonderful, one of his finest!

Agreed, Lee's masterpiece in my opinion!

No doubt. And I'm not going to chuck it out, of course. I just like it less than I like most other stuff with GG. Good to play when you need something like that. Modern jazz is not terribly important in my collection, though.

MG

I thought there'd be some explanation along these lines :)

But I still wanted to make that point... as for Green, if I want to hear him, I'm not sure what I'd reach out for first... maybe the green ones (the trio Conn and the 2CD set with Sonny Clark)?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah well... I have most of Blakey's BNs, some of the Paris stuff, the Columbia album (or rather three of them...), the Bethlehem, two RCAs, the one with Monk, and the three Riversides... also the two Milestone/Fantasy CDs... I guess this, too, is way too much, but when I had Moanin', Free for All and some others, I just loved that stuff and just kept buying the others as they kept popping up all over for good prizes. I'll keep them for sure, but I rarely play most of them as I'm not even really able to distinguish them all... (same applies to most of Lee Morgan's BN albums... somehow Jackie McLeans or Jimmy Smith's or Horace Silver's are more distinctive to me...)