Jackie Paris

epistrophy007

Hi there, two questions about Paris;

On the MySpace page of Jackie Paris, http://www.myspace.com/jackieparis

there's an audioclip from a broadcast, of a young Paris singing the Bohemia theme song.

Any chance this is out on cd somewhere?

As a fan of this tune, I was amazed to find out that there was a vocal version of it.

Does someone know other vocal versions of this great tune?

Paris appeared at the Newport festival in 57, any chance this was recorded and released on lp/cd?

j.

I don't know of any other versions of Bohemia , either instrumental or vocal ; perhaps you're confusing it with the much better known Bohemia After Dark . If you're interested in hearing a vocal version of the latter , check out Mark Murphy's album , Some Time Ago .

Paris' appearance at Newport was recorded by Voice Of America . The next time you're in D.C. you can pop in to the Library Of Congress and hear Jackie sing : Oh Look At Me Now , More Than You know , There Will Never Be Another You , Skylark and Indiana .

Well it's the same song, Bohemia After Dark, only on the broadcast Paris introduces the song as; [...] and now for the first time on the air [...] cafe Bohemia's own themesong Bohemia.

What's Voice of America? A label, program,...?

Never been in Washington before, but when I get there, I definitly gonna listen to that tape... :)

Still I hope that those tracks will ever appear on cd...(with a whole lot of other Newport- and samelike live recordings)

Thank you very much, very helpfull!

j.

Bohemia or Bohemia's Theme is not the same song as Bohemia After Dark .

O man was I wrong on that one... What was I thinking!!! :blush:

Thought for a while that it could be a vocal version of the 'Bohemia' tune by Les Jazzmodes, but after I heard that last tune I know that's also not true.

The Parissong sounded familiar though the first time I heard it.

j.