CONTEST: 2009 Grey Cup game

What a wild ending. For Montreal fans it will be shades of the 79 semi-final in the NHL when the Habs won it because the Bruins had a penality for too many men on the ice which led to a power play that allowed Montreal to tie the game and send it to overtime and win it.

I do feel bad for the Saskatchewan team and their fans, but it is a bit bush league to lose in such fashion. This blunder goes with Chris Webber calling a time out when he did not have one during the NCAA final.

Not much of a CFL fan but as disastrous 2009 was for Montreal, it is great to see those "little sports team" like the Als and the Impact winning championships and bringing some relief to the city. Guess there is hope for the team that the whole city revolves around.

Edited by Van Basten II

And the winner of our contest is...(for the second year in a row)...Noj!!!!!

The tiebreaker is 55, and Noj nailed it!

Congratulations Noj! PM me your CD selection and your address, and I'll get your prize out to you.

Wow, pure luck two years in a row! Unbelievable. I know nothing about the teams other than what GA said in the first post of this thread. Thanks for putting on the contest, GA!

So... angry... so... very... very... very... angry. :angry::angry::angry:

First, my alma mater (the U of C Dinos) blows a big lead in the Vanier Cup and loses, and then the Riders piss away the Grey Cup. 13th man my ass! What an unbelievable mistake!

My dad, a life-long Riders fan, was at the Grey Cup game yesterday. I didn't have the heart to talk to him last night, as I'm sure he was in no mood to discuss the game.

Congratulations to Noj for winning the contest (again!), and a huge THANK YOU to GA for running this (again!).

Cheers,

Shane

Montreal 41 Sask 24. Total points, 65. Pretty cool to see that Blue Rodeo will be playing the Grey Cup this year!

Here's an article about Blue Rodeo's halftime performance.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/CFL/Gre...978171-sun.html

Thanks. I was going to try to watch it this year, but the game wasn't on CBC. When did they stop showing it?