Some gigs for December/January

Hi all,

Just a plug for a couple of gigs coming up, for anyone in/around London!

Next Wednesday, December 9th - it's the 'Somedectet' - a collective big(-gish) band featuring some exciting young players from the London scene - Nick Malcolm and Alex Bonney on trumpets; Gail Brand on trombone; Mark Hanslip, Shabaka Hutchings, Adrian Northover, and Alex Ward on reeds; Alison Blunt, violin; Hannah Marshall, 'cello; yours truly, piano; Olie Brice and Dominic Lash, double basses; and Javier Carmona, drums. This one is at 'The Others' in Stoke Newington.

Then on Friday, one I'm really excited about - Decoy (myself on Hammond B3, Steve Noble on drums, and John Edwards, double bass) with Joe McPhee at Dalston's Cafe Oto. This is a two-day residency for Joe: on the second night, he plays with N.E.W. (Noble, Edwards, and Alex Ward, this time on guitar).

And at the start of January, a second performance for the quartet of Shabaka Hutchings (tenor and bass clarinet); myself; Dominic Lash (double bass); and drum master Mark Sanders...this one's at the Vortex...

Hope to see you out and about!

Alex

p.s. mentioned this under the 'new releases', but I now have some copies of the Decoy trio record for sale, if anyone's interested...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just upping this as a final plug for Londoners (or those 'in and around' London!)...do come along to the Vortex on Tuesday evening: Shabaka Hutchings (tenor saxophone, clarinet, bass clarinet), Dominic Lash (double bass), Mark Sanders (drums). Many of you will already know Mark's playing...but for those not familiar with Shabaka or Dom - they're really something, so come and check them out!

Do come and say hello if you make it along!

Alex