music collection catalog software?

chris

What is the best software for maintaining a catalog/database of CDs and LPs? I have been using Music Collector, relatively happily, for a while. But should I be looking at Beyond Category? Others? Any specifically made for (or well suited to) jazz collections where interest in sideman appearances, multiple versions of the same song, etc. is high?

I've been using Filemaker Pro since 1992. I enter my own data, which is pretty easy once you get past the initial phase of entering what you own. Entering large amounts of data (such as track listings from boxsets, etc) is easy to do by copying and pasting from discographical websites. This program is highly flexible, allowing for all kinds of fields (whatever you want to input, including graphics) and layouts (with "scripts" that can be accessed easily on the keyboard) and it's completely searchable/sortable. It's fun to use, and very handy when you want to search and sort song titles, personnel, labels, dates, or whatever. One of the best decisions I ever made.